Re: [SB-r-us] stacking bales

  • Caralee
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
      We do hold the tarps closed with some more polypropolene so they can't blow
      in our strong desert winds, as well. We have also screwed them down from the
      outside with boards over the tarps screwed into the interior posts. This
      has worked well for (sadly) years as we slo-o-o-wly build the house with,
      basically, one guy doing the work. :) We needed something much stronger
      than plain plastic. You can see our tarps on the website under "Main House:
      Framing and Roofing," some of the pics at the bottom of the page
      incidentally show the tarping. Yes, the carabiner method has worked really
      well. www.builtbyhandstrawbale.com
      Caralee
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 21, 2012
        I may have missed it, but could you tell us again where your are building?

        Thanks,

        Ellis

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 22, 2012
          Northern New Mexico, a little over an hour NW of Santa Fe.