Re: Huff n Puff & Aussie Better Homes and Gardens TV Show

  • John Glassford
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
      G ' day Balers

      Looks like the show on straw bale and Huff n Puff has been brought forward a
      week to next Friday 7.30 pm on Channel 7; see the promo here:

      http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/tv/

      All for now.

      Kind regards
      The Straw Wolf
      Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
      http://www.glassford.com.au
      61 2 6927 6027
      In Australia (02) 6927 6027

      Mountains of the Moon 2011
      http://www.mountainsofthemoon.org

    • katey culver
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
        Ahh, It wasn't available in my area. :-(

        Katey

        On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:57 PM, John Glassford <jacksflat@...> wrote:

        > Looks like the show on straw bale and Huff n Puff has been brought forward
        > week to next Friday 7.30 pm on Channel 7; see the promo here:
        >
        > http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/tv/
        >
        > --
        Katey Culver
        Permaculture designer
        Ecoville ArchiTechs
        *www.earthandstraw.com*

      • Nancy or David Gray
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
          Ok, John, I guess I have to thank you for that chance to experience ads with an Oz accent, so, thanks.  That said, I am excited for you.  Here in California we have Sunset Magazine, and when they feature you, I will know for sure you have arrived.  As an aside, I have always wanted to start a magazine called Scumset, for what the places featured look like a week later.  Best, David Gray

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
            I don't know where you are, but I am in California, and I got the same message.  Maybe that will be rectified, as surely a north american enterprise will recognize we have straw bale construction here too.  Or maybe they got bought out by China.  Heh.  David Gray

            Ahh, It wasn't available in my area. :-(

            Katey

            On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:57 PM, John Glassford <jacksflat@...> wrote:

            > Looks like the show on straw bale and Huff n Puff has been brought forward

            > week to next Friday 7.30 pm on Channel 7; see the promo here:

            > http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/tv/

            > --

            Katey Culver

            Permaculture designer

            Ecoville ArchiTechs

            *www.earthandstraw.com*

          • kyounge1956
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2010
              Sunset Magazine has run an article on straw bale construction, although not Huff & Puff specifically. That article, in the April 1995 issue, was one of my first exposures to the possibility of building with bales. It's probably available on microfilm at your local public library and possibly in online magazine databases. I don't subscribe to Sunset myself, so I don't know if they've had more articles since then.

              Karen