Re: [SB-r-us] straw samples

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Another couple cents worth...
      Yes, mold will grow on soiled foam. I have seen it growing on a SIP
      structure, to the point of rendering it beyond salvage. It seemed to me
      that the mold first established on/in the OSB, but by the time the
      damage was fully uncovered, the mold growth extended through the
      expanded styrene foam itself. It probably followed moisture-borne
      nutrients from the OSB, but that is conjecture. I only observed the
      damage; I did not have the opportunity to study it.

      I have also had mold grow on , and into, the surface of stored expanded
      styrene foam that had gotten soiled and damp.

      Bob Klahn