16519Re: [SB-r-us] Straw Bales In Tucson

  • michael hollihn
    Jun 23, 2014
      sounds like maybe light clay is more appropriate for your area?

      Michael Hollihn
      Natural Building-Science Apprenticeship Program Coordinator
      Blue Quills First Nations College
      St. Paul, Alberta

      780.645.4455 ext. 241

      designing and building homes with local materials
      that avoid coal-fired electricity and gas-fired heat

      "Activism is the rent i pay for living on this planet" AWalker
      how do we want it to look in seven generations?
      'Be the change that you want to see' Gandhi
      breath is bridge between mind body spirit
      insert silence into the daily run of mind
      meditate on words of loving kindness
      existence precedes essence
      you are not your thoughts
      you are all relations
      empty vessel
      filled daily

      On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM, rwildey5@... [SB-r-us] <SB-r-us@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I'm trying to find a farmer selling construction grade straw bales in the Tucson/Marana vicinity for use in construction of a new straw bale house. I've not had much luck finding one online - they've mostly been hay bales. I found some farmers in the Phoenix metro area and I suppose in a pinch I could go with them but to ship so far seems cost prohibitive, though the more I think about it - the loading and unloading of the bales would be the major expense. Any suggestion?

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic