      Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 4:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [SB-r-us] Re: Straw Bales In Tucson

      Can anyone tell me what everyone paid per bale? I want to know what a good price will be when we start

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 23, 2014, at 3:27 PM, "cgwoods@... [SB-r-us]" <SB-r-us@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Katy, we are starting our interior plastering as well!  (I bet you finish before we do...)

      Yes, these bales were beyond good quality. Very dense and solid. The difference as I understand it between construction grade and regular strawbales is that the regular ones have shorter chopped straw; when you cut the strings for modifying, they kind of “explode.” Construction grade use the old combines that don’t chop the straw so the bales are tighter and stronger.  Somebody correct me if that’s wrong.  All I know is these bales were worth the price (yes, transportation is more expensive than the bales but still the entire shipment is not all that expensive).

      Caralee

      Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 4:03 PM

      That's where we got ours from Caralee. Very dense and worked great.

      I started on the inside fill plaster coat today!!!

      Katy

      On Jun 23, 2014, at 2:57 PM, cgwoods@... [SB-r-us] wrote:

      Construction grade wheat bales are available from the Four Corners area, just inside the Colorado border, but you might feel like that is too far. We used them here in SW Utah and they were absolutely amazing quality.
      Let me know if you are interested despite the distance.
      Caralee
      Kanab, UT

      Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 12:40 PM

      I never heard of construction grade hope you can get it.

      Joyce