16504Re: [SB-r-us] Straw Bales In Tucson

  • Robert Wildey
    Jun 23, 2014
      I am using an engineered slab. However, every drawing and detail I have seen so far indicate the width of the footing needs to be as wide as the bale wall. Not sure what other accommodation can be made, the bales are very heavy and need sufficient support.

      On Monday, June 23, 2014 12:13 PM, "Sandy Harper sandy.harper08@... [SB-r-us]" <SB-r-us@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Newbie question does the footer have to be 24" wide the same with as the bales?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 23, 2014, at 11:39 AM, "Silvrlady3@... [SB-r-us]" <SB-r-us@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I used a foil type product for the roof deck and batt insulation for the house ceiling. I just used the bales on the eave ends.

      Joyce