      Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:01 PM
      Subject: Re: [SB-r-us] Re: straw bale project philippines?

      John, I have wondered about this.  Rice straw has garnered so much cachet because it
      contains high silica and is supposed to resist decay because of that.  Still, when I have had
      occasion to use it, it is like grass hay....floppy and formless and quite squishable.
      Oat and wheat straw perform more like bricks in my admittedly limited experience.  I have
      never had to test their drying out capabilities.
      Have you ever had the chance to compare oat straw?  David G.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic