      From: John Glassford <jacksflat@...>
      To: SB Yahoos <SB-r-us@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:36 PM
      Subject: [SB-r-us] Re: straw bale project philippines?

      G ' day

      We have also used plenty of rice straw bales however we prefer wheat straw.

      I have found rice straw to behave much like rye grass hay bales.  The stems are too thin and press into a tighter bale.  This is fine but when or if they get wet they turn into mulch pretty quickly whereas wheat straw can dry out without going into goo.

      However the answer is never get your bales wet so it does not matter what you use.

      We have so much straw at all times that we never have a problem with getting wheat straw.

      Kind regards
      The Straw Wolf
      Huff 'n' Puff Constructions
      http://www.glassford.com.au