RE: [SAsinNZ] Re: Getting a suitable job in NZ

  • Tammy - move2nz
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007

      Sorry to reply to this ….just off to bed but feel I need to share my information

      NewjobZ – we had loads (dozens)  of move2nz members had paid for a service $3,000 to get job – move2nz decided to talk about this situation and them found itself with a defamation case against them.

      However to cut a long story short we stopped a TV promotion of this company going ahead and work closely with commerce commission ….currently investigation ongoing. Can’t Say more.

      Happy for you to contact me direct

      Tammy

      move2nz - helping migrants become kiwis

      Tammy Bell - Managing Director

      office:

      +64 (03) 968 4959

      1st floor, 355 Lincoln Rd. , Christchurch

      postal:

      P.O. Box 33-336, Barrington ,
      Christchurch 8244, New Zealand

      mobile:

      +64 (0)27 306 6078

      email:

      tammy@...

      web:

      www.move2nz.com

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
        Just to add...we finally managed to get a comment from an ex SkillsNZ employee that he was also hurt by their recent liquidation. They owe him salaries and leave pay etc.

        We then traced the company doing the liquidation. Left messages for them to advise what's happening. Weeks later we followed up and they said nothing they could do for us. And any documentation that was held by SkillsNZ had been destroyed. They couldn't incur further costs with storage or tracing!  Does that sound like a convenient out, or what?

        And never feel sorry about replying ... I still hadn't got to bed.

        Cheers

        Paul

        --
        Paul Tormey
        33B Ingram Rd
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007

          Hi,

          With all the activities happening on this forum.

          I’d love to hear from everyone – wait let me say that again – EVERYONE!

          Are you:

          1.       Gatvol – Planning emigration (Still in South Africa)

          2.       Gone like the clappers (Living abroad – if so where?)

          3.       I love my braais  (You’re in a satisfied state in South Africa)

          4.       A lekker bottle of wine will do me fine (Don’t care)

          Note: When answering 4 – Please let me know where you living (NZ, AUS and City).

          What’s in it for you? Nothing amuse me, We need cheering up!

          Regards

          Ray

        • Michael & Helen West
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
            Hi,

            We are number 1, still in SA pending emigration - and should be in Hamilton by the end of this month.  However not completely Gatvol!  Staying in Somerset West in the Cape at the moment is idyllic, if you ignore certain things of course; crime, violence, racism and no job prospects.

            Can't wait to get to NZ and get settled.  We have already lived overseas in Europe a lot but have never had the luxuries of English as the mother tongue, along with plenty of cricket and rugby to watch, so believe NZ must be the place for us!

            Warm regards to all of you wherever you are!

            Helen & Mike West

            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
              Congrats and hope your move goes well.

              Just after we arrived here, we went to an exihibition at the ASB show grounds in Auckland. I was wearing my Sharks teeshirt.

              This was during the Super 14 series in Apr/May 2007. Within minutes I was congratulated by a NON auckland supporter and run down by a fierce Auckland supporter - jeez was she a good supporter.

              Then I went with my Landlord - a fervent Kiwi/All Black/Auckland supporter - to watch the Aussie/AB super 14 final. I just kept to myself - most of the time. But let me say, based on that performance, the BOKS are going to Klap the AB's in the final.

              Oh no...if my wife sees this message she's going to give me a big wakeup klap.

              Cheers

              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
                Hi Elaine,

                We have met many Zims and SAs here and I'm sure you'll network well.

                In fact, back in SA the majority of our friends were Zimbo's (let's not say when we's) - not a bad crowd.

                On 10/4/07, Elaine Bushell <elaine.bushell@...> wrote:

                I am somewhere between No 1 and No 3 – very concerned about the situation in SA, and thinking about a possible move to New Zealand.  Such a big decision, especially when you are on your own!!

                (As far as the Rugby World Cup goes, I have to say that I have always been a huge All Blacks supporter ( from my early days when I lived in Zimbabwe) – a fact that I have to be very careful to hide here!!

                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007

                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
                    Hi Ray,

                    We are No1 but very frustrated because we have to wind things up here
                    in ZA which means that only next year can we leave this absolutely
                    beautiful crime ridden screwed up land we call home.

                    Sounds like I'm bitter - maybe I am.

                    Dave

                    --- In SAsinNZ@yahoogroups.com, "Raymond Scott" <raymond.scott@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >

                    > With all the activities happening on this forum.
                    >

                    > I'd love to hear from everyone - wait let me say that again -
                    EVERYONE!

                    > Are you:
                    >

                    > 1. Gatvol - Planning emigration (Still in South Africa)
                    >
                    > 2. Gone like the clappers (Living abroad - if so where?)
                    >
                    > 3. I love my braais (You're in a satisfied state in South
                    Africa)

                    > 4. A lekker bottle of wine will do me fine (Don't care)
                    >

                    > Note: When answering 4 - Please let me know where you living (NZ,
                    AUS and
                    > City).
                    >

                    > What's in it for you? Nothing amuse me, We need cheering up!
                    >

                    > Regards
                    >
                    > Ray

                  • Gaynor Paynter
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
                      We are no 1 but can't afford to leave.

                      --
                      Warm regards,

                      Gaynor Paynter
                      TYPE-WRITE BUSINESS SERVICES
                      Fax: 088 011 615 5633 / Cell:0927 83 442 4689
                      Web: http://www.typewrite.fusiveweb.co.uk
                      View my bidorbuy store! http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/userprofile/UserTradeList.jsp?User_UserId=653665
                    • Heather Bennett
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 3, 2007
                        Hello Ray - my family is a mixture of no 1 and 2 with my husband already living in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand and the rest of us joining him next month. Can't wait!!

                        Happiness always

                        Heather Bennett

                        Download 30 FREE Emoticons for your Windows Live Messenger! Try it!
                      • terence derek

                          With all the activities happening on this forum.
                          I’d love to hear from everyone – wait let me say that again – EVERYONE!
                          Are you:
                          1.       Gatvol – Planning emigration (Still in South Africa)
                          2.       Gone like the clappers (Living abroad – if so where?)
                          3.       I love my braais  (You’re in a satisfied state in South Africa)
                          4.       A lekker bottle of wine will do me fine (Don’t care)
                          Note: When answering 4 – Please let me know where you living (NZ, AUS and City).
                          What’s in it for you? Nothing amuse me, We need cheering up!
                          Regards
                          Ray

                          Terry Willson

                        • Gareth and Bernadette Cunliffe
                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007

                            Hi we number 2. We moved from Pretoria to Rotorua.

                            To: SAsinNZ@yahoogroups.com
                            From: gaynorpay@...
                            Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:36:13 +0200
                            Subject: Re: [SAsinNZ] Re: What is your situation?

                            --
                            Warm regards,

                            Gaynor Paynter
                            TYPE-WRITE BUSINESS SERVICES
                            Fax: 088 011 615 5633 / Cell:0927 83 442 4689
                            Web: http://www.typewrit e.fusiveweb. co.uk
                            View my bidorbuy store! http://www.bidorbuy .co.za/jsp/ userprofile/ UserTradeList. jsp?User_ UserId=653665

                          • J & R Charlton
                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                              Hi

                              We are number 1, moved from Johannesburg to Auckland in July 2005, and loving it!!

                              Julie

                            • * Char *
                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                                Hi
                                We moved from Randburg to Auckland in 1994...loving it here
                                Charmain
                              • Sharon Baverstock
                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                                  we are also no:2
                                  my darling husband is already in christchurch setting up the house.  he got a
                                  job and work permit 10 days after arriving.  if you set your mind to it and work through everyday, you can do this.
                                  we will arrive on 7 december 2007.  i am just waiting for our one son to finish the year.  our other son is 10 months old.  he is the luckiest, he will not remember the traumas we have gone through in this country of ours that has been raped and trashed.

                                  On 10/4/07, J & R Charlton <charlton.family@...> wrote:

                                  Hi

                                  We are number 1, moved from Johannesburg to Auckland in July 2005, and loving it!!

                                  Julie

                                • JENI
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                                    Hi

                                    No 1 sometimes influenced by number 4...... I really love our country but as time goes by and the s..h...1..t gets more in our faces, I  find I defend it less and less...its so sad but there are times I just feel to hell with is "they" wont get rid of me that easily and then there are times I am so gatvol that I feel real anger toward the whole situation.  It distresses me to see how the people who feed our nation...the farmers are being hammered from every possible negative angle....he is beaten, robbed, killed, intimidated and as if thats not enough the government claims his land...what next????"

                                    So...hope to get our act together soon.  Will probably visit NZ nest year to get a feel.

                                    Cheers
                                    jeni

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                                      No. 2  - From Margate, KZN.  Made the move to Auckland three years ago and basically had to start from scratch (we were both in our mid 50's) - Now isn't that scary?  Well it was the best thing that we could have done!  Only wish we had done it years before.  We left three of our kids behind (2 in England and the other in SA)  We are blessed that they have all followed us and we now all live in the Auckland area (11 of us).  We are living such a happy, safe and content life in NZ.  We may not have all the material things but what is more important?? Yes we all work hard but every minute is well worth the effort.  And amazingly enough, it felt like home the minute we stepped off the plane.  The scenery still takes my breath away!  At the end of the day it's all about attitude.  Are you really ready to make the move and leave your loved ones behind?  That is probably the hardest decision.

                                      Phil & Lyn
                                      Halfmoon Bay

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                                      • Gwen Herbst
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Oct 4, 2007
                                          The Mayonnaise Jar

                                          When things in your life seem Almost too much to
                                          handle, when 24
                                          Hours
                                          in a day is
                                          not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 cups
                                          of coffee.

                                          A professor stood before his philosophy class And
                                          had some items in
                                          front of him.
                                          When the class began, wordlessly, He picked up a
                                          very large And empty
                                          mayonnaise
                                          jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He
                                          then asked the
                                          students if the jar
                                          was full.

                                          They agreed that it was.

                                          The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and
                                          poured them into
                                          the
                                          jar. He shook
                                          the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open
                                          areas between the
                                          golf balls.

                                          He then asked the students again if the jar was
                                          full..

                                          They agreed it was.

                                          The professor next picked up a box of sand and
                                          poured it into the
                                          jar.
                                          Of course, the
                                          sand filled up everything else. He asked once more
                                          if the jar was
                                          full.

                                          The students responded with an unanimous "yes."

                                          The professor then produced two cups of coffee from
                                          under the table
                                          and poured the
                                          entire contents into the jar, effectively filling
                                          the Empty space
                                          between the sand.

                                          The students laughed.

                                          "Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided,
                                          "I want you to
                                          recognize that
                                          this jar represents your life. The golf balls are
                                          the important
                                          things
                                          - God, family,
                                          children, health, Friends, and Favorite passions --
                                          Things that if
                                          everything else was
                                          lost and only they remained, Your life would still
                                          be full.

                                          The pebbles are the other things that matter Like
                                          your job, house,
                                          and
                                          car.

                                          The sand is everything else -- The small stuff.

                                          "If you put the sand into the jar first," He
                                          continued, "there is no
                                          room for the pebbles
                                          or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you
                                          spend all your time
                                          and energy on the
                                          small stuff, you will never have room for the things
                                          that are
                                          important to you.

                                          So... Pay attention to the things that are critical
                                          to your
                                          happiness.
                                          Play With your
                                          children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take
                                          your partner out to
                                          dinner.

                                          There will always be time to clean the house and fix
                                          the disposal.

                                          "Take care of the golf balls first -- The things
                                          that really matter.
                                          Set your priorities.
                                          The rest is just sand."

                                          One of the students raised her hand and inquired
                                          what the coffee
                                          represented.

                                          The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked".

                                          It just goes to show you that no matter how full
                                          your life may seem,
                                          there's always room
                                          for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

                                          http://tv.yahoo.com/