Hangar Dance Next Weekend!

  • Nathan Malone
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      * Note* Just buy a single ticket (or group) and request a dancer table. All the swing dance societies are having common tables.

      Annual CAF Veteran’s Day Dinner & 40’s Swing Band Hangar Dance

      Saturday, November 12, 2011
      Centex Hangar at the
      San Marcos, Texas Airport

      *** Dancers, please tell Allison you want to sit at one of the dancer tables, she will include you in one of several tables being shared by the various dance organizations in Texas***

      $40/person – Reserve Tables $400
      VIP  Reserve  Tables  Available
      fronting  the  Dance  Floor $500

      Dinner at 6-7:30pm, Dancing at 7:30-11pm

      Dance Contest and Bucket Raffle

      The Sentimental Journey Orchestra
      playing 40's Big Band Swing music

      BYOB – Beer, Wine & Setups Available
      (no ice chests allowed)

      For Tickets and Reservations contact:
      CAF CenTex Wing Hangar at 396-1943
      See the great photos on our website @

      See our great dance photo books at

       For more information call:
      Alison Ender
      (512) 396-0765
      aender@...

      So, what's so great about our dinner and hangar dance?

         The San Marcos Centex Wing of the Commemorative Air Force is located in the only WWII aircraft hangar left standing on the old Edward Gary Army Training Base in operation during WWII.

           For visitors to enjoy in the hangar . . .  a PX, Museum, Officer's Club, Library and a hangar full of WWII aircraft all of which are still in flying condition.  The Yellow Rose B-25 and the only flying P-39 in the world are among them.  Others include T-6, T-34, U-3, Yak, Kate, Zero replica and a small Liaison airplane (L4-Cub).  Liaison aircraft of various types and sizes were used in WWII to spot targets, drop supplies and fly wounded out.
           The airplanes are pulled out of the hangar to make room for the dance inside but are available on static display for the many visitors attending the evening's event.  Many guests (most in WWII era dress, both military and civilian) enjoy having their photograph taken in front of the nose art of the Yellow Rose B-25 bomber beautifully spotlighted in front of the big hangar.

           Live Big Band  -  Without question (or argument) the Sentimental Journey Orchestra of Kerrville, Texas conducted by Ted Conerly is the most authentic WWII era Swing Orchestra sound in Texas and surrounding.  Dressed in WWII attire the group is a 16-piece orchestra that performs a repertoire of the big bands' greatest hits. They have performed for former President George Bush, to sold-out crowds throughout Texas, have been featured in Texas Highways Magazine and have been called, "the best thing to come out of the Hill Country" by the San Antonio Express News.

          The evening will also include a dance contest along with some of the best catered BBQ in Central Texas.  Lots of refreshing beverages on hand . . . Beer, wine and set ups available.

           Held on each Veterans Day weekend, we celebrate and remember all the brave men and women who gave us our freedom.

          Our hangar dance promises to bring to our guests an absolutely authentic as possible WWII USO Dance experience!

      Photo found on the Sentimental Journey website. Visit the excellent gallery (a little plug, there) on their site at http://www.sjoswing.com.

      See Texas Monthly’s little video as our Dinner Dance gets underway: