SASDS Lesson Restructure

  • dancingsenora
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2010
      Hey Swing Dancers!

      For all of you who come out to our weekly lessons at Amora-

      We are restructuring lessons beginning in the first week of April.

      If you go to www.saswing.org:
      1. Once on the homepage, click on "dance lessons"
      You will then see Chad's super cool Lessons chart!
      2. Coolest part: You get to customize your pricing based on whether you're a member or not, only taking the Intro to Swing Course, or paying paying Monthly/Weekly!

      Note: If you are only coming for the social- Members pay $4 and Non-members pay $6.

      Want a monthly/weekly discount and discounts on other dances around the area? Become a member!

      Ask Ed (our Awesome Membership Director) for a membership form.

      For any other questions:
      Please contact Amelia via www.saswing.org (click on the info line to email me.)

      We are so excited about the lesson changes- your instructors want to give you the most opportunities to learn as many kinds of swing dances as possible.

      The board wants to hear your feedback... please let us know your thoughts about the restructure. I will have a suggestion box so people can give anonymous feedback if they wish : )
    • Chad Skeeters
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010
        I'd like to expand a little about the changes in the lessons starting
        this month (today).

        The level 1 class will no longer try to balance walk-ins and those
        students preparing for Lindy 1.  This class will be geared more toward
        walk-ins and will take students on any week of the month.

        The level 2 class will rotate through different dances like east
        coast, charleston, lindy, balboa, and blues.  It will always start
        from the basics. We want beginners with very little experience in
        this class, but it will be progressive so you will need to start from
        week 1.

        The level 3 class will rotate through the same dances but will
        continue with dance style from the previous month taught in level 2.
        For example, we are teaching basic balboa in Level 2 this month, so we
        will be teaching balboa in level 3 next month. Unlike the level 2
        class, the curriculum will vary so that experienced dancers can learn
        new material.  This is going to give us two months of every dance
        style every 6 months.

        Up until now the level 4 (freestyle) was were we put balboa and shag
        etc. As a result we haven't been free to teach harder lindy material
        in that class. This month we will be teaching 20's charleston and a
        dancer at any skill level will be invited to attend, but that may not
        be the case after this month.

        I'm really excited about these changes. I think that most all of our
        students will get more out of the classes with this arrangement. I
        believe that Amelia will have a suggestion box out tonight and we
        welcome any feedback you guys have.

        --
        Chad Skeeters
        SASDS President