Special Go Dance This Saturday (3 Rooms and Jedi Knights)

  • Nathan Malone
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      This Saturday,

      The Austin Swing Syndicate and Go Dance present their monthly dance featuring THREE rooms of dancing

      DJs - Nathan Malone and Matt Jones in the SWING and LINDY Room. We will play a wide variety of music, including the slow to mid tempo swing and jazz, as well as Balboa and Shag friendly tunes to follow-up on the workshop from earlier in the day (www.fouronthefloor.com)

      also
      Keith "Big Papa" Shapiro in the BLUES Room

      and a WEST COAST SWING Room

      Location Go Dance: 9:30PM to 12:30AM
      $5 per person, Syndicate Members & Go Dance Students
      $7 per person, Non-members

      Directions to Go Dance can be found at
      http://www.godancestudio.com/40/directions.htm

      You may ask,
      What is a Jack and Jill Contest?

      First, it is going to be somewhat experimental, we hope it is fun.

      First Round - The dancers cannot touch their partner.
      Second Round - Follows must dance blind-folded.

      Prize - Free admission to the next 12 Austin Swing Syndicate/Go Dance 2nd Saturday dances

      Finally, in the spirit of the Jedi Jack and Jill contest, free admission to anybody who dresses as a Star Wars character.

      May the force be with you.