Lavay Smith Next Week!

  • Nathan Malone
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      Just a quick reminder that the Austin Swing
      Syndicate's Back to School Dance featuring Lavay Smith
      show is next week, Thursday, Sep 15th. Priority
      seating is currently on sale.

      If anybody is interested in helping out with a few
      transportation and logistical tasks on Wednesday or
      Thursday, please email me at nathan_malone@...

      Also, a special note to out of town dancers/music
      fans, we highly encourage you to attend. While we
      can't guarantee hosting, we will try to match you,
      send me an email if you would like to be hosted, the
      sooner you let us know, the more time we have to find
      a spot for you.

      More information and priority ticket purchasing can be
      found at the following url:
      http://www.austinswingsyndicate.org/lavay

      From the Syndicate website:
      Lavay Smith and her Red Hot Skillet Lickers will be
      performing at the Austin Swing Syndicate's "Back to
      School Dance" dance on Thursday, September 15th at the
      Texas Federation of Women's Club ("The Fed") 8pm to
      midnight. Lavay is internationally recognized as The
      Queen of Classic Jazz & Blues in the authentic style
      of the 1940s and 1950s. Her last album reached the top
      10 on the National Billboard Jazz Charts. Lavay Smith
      is the real deal! She will be the biggest performer
      the Austin Swing Syndicate has ever hosted, and we
      have received rave reviews about the quality of her
      shows.

      This will be their first appearance in Texas.

      Lavay Smith's internationally touring eight piece band
      is known for frequently played and well known songs
      such as "Gee Baby, Ain't I Good to You?," "Oo Poppa
      Do," and "Walk Right In, Walk Right Out (The Walking
      Blues)."

      Because this is the Syndicate's annual Back to School
      dance, all students will get the same pricing as
      members and affiliates. The pricing will be $10 for
      members, affiliates, and students; $15 for
      non-members; and $25 for priority seating.

      As this is a special dance, everyone is encouraged to
      come dressed in your best vintage clothing.