WC dances and workshop

  • Scott Angelius
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hey guys,

      Here is a reminder of a couple of things happening in the near future:

      1) West Coast for Lindy Hoppers Workshop
      2) Wednesday nights @ Tangerine's
      3) Dance this Friday!

      ====
      ---1---
      ====

      What: West Coast Swing for Lindy Hoppers
      Instructors: Scott Angelius and Mylie Alrich
      Prerequisite: This workshop is open to anyone that has, at least, a
      strong foundation in Lindy Hop - we will be moving pretty fast.
      Material: The distinctions between West Coast and Lindy hop - the
      basics; the look of the footwork, posture, and body movement; the feel
      of the connection; and the different styling. We will cover specific
      movements that are "west coast moves". We will work on some breaks with
      the music. And we will work on some more difficult movements.

      When: 11:45 - 1:45 on April 12th
      Where: GoDance
      Cost: $25 / person. $20 / person if you register by April 9th.

      Go to www.godance.cc <http://www.godance.cc/> for where to mail your
      payment, or call 339.9391 and ask about how to pay for the West Coast
      for Lindy Hopper's class.

      ====
      ---2---
      ====

      What: Dj'd West Coast Dance
      When: 7pm - 10pm every Wednesday Night
      Where: Tangerine's in the Arboretum. It's part of the Renaissance
      Hotel (if you are looking at the front, it is towards the right).
      Cost: FREE. It's a bar, so it's 21+, but you will not get carded
      unless you order drinks.

      ====
      ---3---
      ====

      What: DJ'd West Coast Dance
      When: 9:15 - Midnight Friday, April 4th
      Where: GoDance (go to www.godance.cc <http://www.godance.cc/> for
      directions)
      Cost: $5

      I am out every Thursday night if you have any questions!

      --scott