RE: [SA_Swing_Society] More info on Wynton Marsalis and the LCJO

  • Carol Neatherlin Intano
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      do you mean - dance socially - or demo dance? and if demo dance - is it the same group that will be at the rodeo - ?

      > SA_Swing_Society@yahoogroups.com "lindyswingster" <lani@...>Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:30:44 -0000
      > [SA_Swing_Society] More info on Wynton Marsalis and the LCJOReply-To: SA_Swing_Society@yahoogroups.com
      >
      >This is copied directly from ticketmaster.com:
      >
      >Laurie Auditorium
      >San Antonio, TX
      >Sunday, February 03, 2002 7:00PM
      >$15.00 - $35.00
      >Charge by Phone: 210-224-9600
      >Seating Chart
      >
      >Ticket Sale Date(s):
      >Internet Public Sale: Mon Sep 17, 10:00AM
      >
      > THE CARVER PRESENTS
      >LINCOLN CENTER JAZZ ORCH.
      >W/ WYNTON MARSALIS
      >LAURIE AUDITORIUM
      >TRINITY UNIVERSITY/SA,TX
      >SUN FEB 3, 2002 7:00PM
      >

      >I'm going to find out if they'll let us dance...it sounds like
      >they'll be drawing from all sorts of eras in jazz history, from Jelly
      >Roll Morton to Thelonious Monk. There will be emphasis on pieces by
      >John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, and original pieces by Wynton Marsalis
      >and the LCJO members.
      >

      >Tickets have been on sale for a while now, so if you plan on going,
      >you may want to purchase them soon. Go to www.ticketmaster.com for
      >information.
      >
      >Lani
      >

      >*** Keep swingin', and spread the lindy-love!
      > Forward this message to anyone you know!
      > Check the website for any updates at
      > www.sasds.org! ***

      *** It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing! Spread the lindy love! ***
      *** FREE E-MAIL, events, info, lessons and more at http://www.sasds.org/ ***
    • Lani Steffens
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
        It would be just social dancing, no performances. We're there to have fun, not to perform! That's for Mr. Marsalis and the LCJO to do. :)

        Lani

        A haiku for the mind to ponder:
        SPAM is pork shoulders.
        Where is the rest of the pig?