Re: Happy 99 Virus warning

  • James Stewart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 1999
      If they were like me, they got it from PBS.

      Someone hacked into PBS.org's computers and had it attach that file to everyone receiving an update.

      When I got the mail, I forwarded it to my IT department, where one of the support staff promptly ran it and infected her system. She didn't read the message attached to the mail that said, "This is a worm program, don't run it."

      James Stewart
      jstewart@...

      550 E. Spring St.
      Columbus State Community College
      Columbus, Oh 43215

      614.287.3661 (voice)
      614.287.5301 (fax)

      From: "Popplestone, Ann" <Ann.Popplestone@...>

      A couple of people in SACC have been infected with the Happy 99 computer
      virus, that, like all viruses, is passed as an e-mail attachment. It then
      spreads itself on your e-mail to other folks that you correspond with.

      If you get a message from anyone with Happy 99 as an attachment or as a
      subject line. Delete the message.

      As a precaution, be sure that your anti-virus program is up to date and run
      a scan of all of your drives.

      Did you know that ONElist now offers the richest set of
      group communications tools on the Internet?
      http://www.onelist.com
      Check out our homepage for details on these new tools!
      Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.ccanthro.org for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.