Resource Suggestions

  • Matthew F. Higgins
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2001
      I am putting together a proposal for my high school for a class on Anthropology & Archaeology.  The support seems to be there.  The big problem is that the proposal demands lists of resources I want to use and backing catalogs.  I would very much appreciate any tips on companies that sell items for constructing a faux archaeological dig (tools, blueprints, guides, etc.) as well as any other resources people know of used for teaching Anthropology & Archaeology. (One of the labs I'd love to do, which I did ages ago when in university, would be have my students compare via measurement skull castings of various hominids.  Information on where to order calipers, etc. would again be most appreciated.)

      As this information probably will not be of much interest to most, folks can send me whatever information they have at mhiggins@....

      Thanks in advance.
    • Ann Kaupp
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2001
        I can send you our Anthropology packet. It might help you. Why don't you send us your mailing address,and we will get it out to you. Thank-you.

        >>> peachee@... 02/07/01 09:19PM >>>
[...]

      • Day, Kathleen M.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2001
          I would appreciate a package also. Have been a member and other than
          hearing about the conference in Meso, haven't received any other info.
          Thanks in advance, Kathy Day, PO Box 276, Chugiak, Alaska 99567

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2001
            RE: [SACC-L] Resource Suggestions

            I am anthro. program coordinator at a community college in cleveland and director of a center that does historical archaeological research.  I have forwarded your questions to our research director who is most familiar with the answers and sources available. As V.P. for membership in SACC, I would like to find out how we can serve you and your interests better so let's start a dialogue, thanks.

              I would appreciate a package also.  Have been a member and other than
            hearing about the conference in Meso, haven't received any other info.
            Thanks in advance, Kathy Day, PO Box 276, Chugiak, Alaska  99567

            eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
            Click here for more details
            http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/471620/_/981647429/

            Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.ccanthro.org for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.