an added idea

    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2014
      Having missed the Burlington Conference, I was pleased to read in the minutes of the various ideas discussed about increasing membership, improving SACC Notes, and generally creating greater visibility for SACC.

      I subsequently read the introductory chapter of Patricia Lange's KIDS ON YOUTUBE, a new ethnography from Left Coast Press (they permit accessing this chapter). I was impressed by the following paragraph which I've pasted verbatim:

      "I established my own video blogs called AnthroVlog (one on YouTube and another on a separate site off of YouTube) and posted one video per week to viscerally understand what it meant to display one’s work-in-progress for the world to judge. The project is comparative in that I studied YouTubers, as well as early video bloggers who maintained websites off of YouTube. The videos posted to AnthroVlog on YouTube received a combined total of more than 1 million views. This level of viewership prompted a request from the site to apply for YouTube partner status, an invitation which I have so far declined to pursue. Additional details about the ethnographic approach are in the Appendix."

      I mean, a million viewers... that's real exposure! Perhaps some inventive souls in our organization might consider creating some videos for YouTube that would convey some of the qualities we feel make SACC a desirable group to join.

      Just a thought...
      Lloyd
    • <dianne.chidester@...>
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2014

        Someone should write a SaccRap!

        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2014
          Challenge accepted.

          Laura (Rapmaster LT)

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 4 , May 13, 2014
            Wow, already I'm out of my depth, but it sounds good! :-)
            Lloyd