Agenda for Board Meeting Wednesday 3 - 5 p.m.

  • ANN BRAGDON
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20, 2014
      Please review Draft for the Board Meeting Agenda.
      Make suggestions or send information if you will not be attending.

      AGENDA -Executive Board Meeting
      Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges
      Wednesday 3 – 5 p.m. April 23, 2014
      Burlington Conference Room on Mezzanine – Hilton Burlington – Vermont

      Agenda
      Welcome/ Personal Updates & News
      2013 SACC Minutes – Discussion / Approval

      SACC Fest – 2014 Highlights & Concerns - Ann Bragdon

      Reports
      ·     Past President – Tim Sullivan
      ·     Membership Report – Communication from Tad
      ·     Treasurer’s Report (Honoraria for AAA, Endowment Fund Language)
      ·     Awards Committee  - Beverly (Award for Teaching)
      ·     Social Media - Website – Facebook - Twitter
      ·      Publishing
      ·   Publishing Changes at AAA
      o   Peer Review Journal
      ·      TASN – Ann Kaupp
      ·       New AN Editor - Barbara Jones
      ·      SACC Open Access - Cultural Anthropology textbook committee (Phil Stein)
      ·     Incoming President – Amanda Paskey

      ·      New officers for 2014
      ·      President Elect: Jessica Amato December 2014
      ·      3 year terms (December 2014 – 2017)
      o   Vice President for Membership and Development: Shannon Mills
      o   Secretary: Karen Muir

      2014 AAA  - Annual Meeting
      Theme: Producing Anthropology - Washington DC,- December 3–7, 2014
      ·     SACC Panels
      ·     SACC Workshop
      ·     Honoraria - concerns/ suggestions of Treasurer

      Other Business (Old and New)
      ·     SACC Sponsored National Student Association
      ·     AAA Policies/Discussion of Adjuncts/ NSF grants/ etc.
      ·     Ethnographies
      ·     Replacement: Program chair

    • Phillip Naftaly
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2014

        Hello Ann,

                 The agenda looks good.  Is it appropriate for me to attend the meeting as a past-President of SACC or as member of the organization?  In the past it has.

                 Also, it looks like I can bring a projector, but the Audio Visual Department wants to know what type of computer will be connected to the machine so that they can send the correct cables.  However, I don't think that they have a converter for a Mac.  I don't know much about portable projectors, so I would have a back-up plan or use this as a back-up plan.  Certainly finding another instructor who is knowledgeable about projectors would be good.

                 I just also wanted to remind you about getting a parking pass from the hotel.  I will try to be arriving before our Board Meeting on Wednesday.

        On April 20, 2014 at 8:19 PM ANN BRAGDON <ANNBRAG@...> wrote:

        > Please review Draft for the Board Meeting Agenda.
        >
        > Make suggestions or send information if you will not be attending.
        >

        > AGENDA
        > -Executive Board Meeting
        > Society for
        > Anthropology in Community Colleges
        > Wednesday 3 – 5 p.m. April 23, 2014
        > Burlington
        > Conference Room on Mezzanine –
        > Hilton Burlington – Vermont
        >
        > Agenda
        > Welcome/ Personal Updates & News
        > 2013 SACC Minutes – Discussion /
        > Approval
        >
        > SACC Fest – 2014 Highlights & Concerns - Ann Bragdon
        >
        > Reports
        > ·     Past President – Tim Sullivan
        > ·     Membership Report – Communication from Tad
        > ·     Treasurer’s Report (Honoraria for AAA, Endowment Fund
        > Language)
        > ·     Awards Committee  - Beverly (Award for Teaching)
        > ·     Social Media - Website – Facebook - Twitter
        > ·      Publishing
        > ·   Publishing
        > Changes at AAA
        > o   Peer Review Journal
        > ·      TASN – Ann Kaupp
        > ·       New AN Editor - Barbara Jones
        > ·      SACC Open Access
        > - Cultural Anthropology textbook committee (Phil Stein)
        > ·     Incoming President – Amanda Paskey
        >
        > ·      New officers for 2014
        > ·      President Elect: Jessica Amato December 2014
        > ·      3 year terms
        > (December 2014 – 2017)
        > o   Vice President for Membership and Development:
        > Shannon Mills
        > o   Secretary: Karen Muir
>

        > 2014 AAA  - Annual
        > Meeting
        > Theme: Producing Anthropology - Washington DC,- December
        > 3–7, 2014
        > ·     SACC Panels
        > ·     SACC Workshop
        > ·     Honoraria - concerns/ suggestions of Treasurer
        >

        > Other Business (Old and New)
        > ·     SACC Sponsored National Student Association
        > ·     AAA Policies/Discussion of Adjuncts/ NSF grants/ etc.
        > ·     Ethnographies
        > ·     Replacement: Program chair

        Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        Distinguished Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        Academic Assessment Coordinator
        SUNY Adirondack
        (518) 832 7727

      • Sullivan, Tim
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2014
          This looks good Ann. I may have a small item, but it can be discussed under 'other business.' No biggie.
          Tim