Proposed Agenda for SACC Fest Board meeting.

  • ANN BRAGDON
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
      Dear SACC Members,

      I have pasted the "Agenda" for the Executive Board Meeting on Tuesday, 4/22 at 3 p.m.

      If you are a board member and will not be attending, be sure that you have sent in report or message to the board.

      In addition, if you have suggestions or items to include in the proposed agenda, please forward them to me asap.

      Members are welcome to the board meeting.

      There will also be a SACC Business meeting on Wednesday at lunchtime.

      Please bring any concerns or proposals to our attention for consideration by the membership/ and or executive board.

      This is our organization - we want it to represent our interests and our passions for our profession... so please engage and participate as we move into critical times.

      Thank you,
      Ann Bragdon

      AGENDA -Executive Board Meeting
      Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges
      Tuesday 3 – 5 p.m. April 23, 2014
      Burlington Conference Room on Mezzanine - Hilton Burlington – Vermont

      Agenda
      Welcome/ Personal Updates & News

      SACC Fest – 2014 Highlights

      New slate of officers for 2014
      ·      President Elect: Jessica Amato
      ·      Vice President for Membership and Development: Shannon Mills
      ·      Secretary: Karen Muir

      Reports
      ·      Past President – Tim Sullivan
      ·      Incoming President – Amanda Paskey
      ·      Membership Report
      ·      Treasurer’s Report (Honoraria for AAA, Endowment Fund Language)
      ·      Awards Committee
      ·      Website
      ·      Publishing
      ·      TASN
      ·      New AN editor - Barbara Lass
      ·      Changes at AAA
      ·      SACC Open Access - Cultural Anthropology textbook committee.
      ·      Peer Review Journal

      AAA  - Annual Meeting Producing Anthropology  - Washington DC, December 3–7, 2014
      ·      Panels
      ·      Workshop
      ·      Honoraria

      Other Business (Old and New)

      ·      SACC sponsored National Student Association
      ·      Policies/ Discussion of Adjuncts./ NSF grants
      ·      Ethnographies
      ·      Replacements: Program chair
    • Mills, Shannon
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
        Hello all:

        I would just like to mention that I am excited to be a part of the incoming slate, but I am also very sorry that I can’t attend this time. I hope that all of you have a fantastic meeting, and look forward to attending our future meetings.

        I appreciate the ongoing communication and updates and will be sure to follow up with the outcomes.

        -Shannon L. Vellone Mills
        Professor of Anthropology
        CRC Academic Senate Secretary
        Cosumnes River College, SOC 141
        (916) 691-7290<tel:%28916%29%20691-7290> / millss@...<mailto:millss@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
          Ann,

          It looks like I'll be the only member of the committee working on the SACC Open Access Textbook project who will attending the SACCFest. I'll be making the report at the Executive Board meeting. I would also like a little time at the Business Meeting.

          See you next week,

          Phil

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014

            Wow…. This was just on my mind (the open access textbook project).  An adjunct just proposed using a text that I see is $170 + dollars; an intro anthro text!! Batteries not included!!  Priced like that, it should be coming on a tablet….  I will look forward to talking with people in VT about how they are addressing this (including the open access project).

            Brian

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 14, 2014
                  thanks to our good SACC editors keen eyes..

                  Note the corrections thus far.. still open to additions, etc.

                  I have pasted the "Agenda" for the Executive Board Meeting on Wednesday, 4/23 at 3 p.m.

                  If you are a board member and will not be attending, be sure that you have sent in report or message to the board.

                  In addition, if you have suggestions or items to include in the proposed agenda, please forward them to me asap.

                  Members are welcome to the board meeting.

                  There will also be a SACC Business meeting on Wednesday at lunchtime.

                  Please bring any concerns or proposals to our attention for consideration by the membership/ and or executive board.

                  This is our organization - we want it to represent our interests and our passions for our profession... so please engage and participate as we move into critical times.

                  Thank you,
                  Ann Bragdon

                  AGENDA -Executive BoardMeeting
                  Society for Anthropology inCommunity Colleges
                  Wednesday 3 – 5 p.m. April 23, 2014
                  Burlington Conference Room on Mezzanine - HiltonBurlington – Vermont

                  Agenda
                  Welcome/ Personal Updates & News

                  SACC Fest – 2014 Highlights

                  New slate of officers for 2014
                  ·      President Elect: Jessica Amato
                  ·      Vice President for Membership and Development: Shannon Mills
                  ·      Secretary: Karen Muir

                  Reports
                  ·     Past President – Tim Sullivan
                  ·     Incoming President – Amanda Paskey
                  ·     Membership Report
                  ·     Treasurer’s Report (Honoraria for AAA, Endowment Fund Language)
                  ·     Awards Committee
                  ·     Website
                  ·     Publishing
                  ·     TASN
                  ·     New AN editor - Barbara Jones
                  ·     Changesat AAA
                  ·     SACC Open Access - Cultural Anthropology textbook committee (Phil Stein)