Teaching Tips from Faculty--AAA session

  • Angela Jenks
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2014
      Hi everyone,
      Just a reminder that we are still soliciting presentation abstracts for SACC's annual session on teaching techniques at the AAA meeting in December. See below for more information. Thanks!

      "I Love It When You...": Teaching Tips from Faculty
      American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting, Dec. 3-7, 2014, Washington, D.C.

      Anthropology courses play an essential role in undergraduate education, helping students develop broad observational, critical thinking and communication skills. This session will focus on teaching strategies used by experienced faculty at a variety of institutions. Possible topics include online and hybrid education, digital ethnography, team-based learning, study abroad experiences and field schools, group activities, and more!

      Please submit the title and abstract of your presentation to Angela Jenks (angela.jenks@...) by April 8.
    • Gilliland, Mary
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2014

        Angela:

        I might want to add something… if not too late.  I can get back to you later tonight.

        Mary Kay Gilliland, Ph.D.

        Pima Community College,

        West Campus

        2202 W. Anklam Road

        Tucson, AZ  85709-0215

        mkgilliland@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2014

          Sorry, didn’t mean to send to all.  And only want to add to if there is space & will not displace someone who is currently more active.  Thanks.

          Mary Kay