FW: forthcoming HTML ethnography on Guatemalan community

  • Ann Popplestone
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 1999
      From: Chris Tennant [SMTP:ctennant@...]
      Sent: Friday, March 05, 1999 8:33 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: forthcoming HTML ethnography on Guatemalan community

      Greetings,

      I'm working on a HTML multimedia ethnography (an "ethnoweb") of
      a community of returned Mayan refugees in Guatemala. The
      ethnography has been created from the ground up in HTML, using
      a new HTML authoring program.

      In its present incarnation the ethnoweb contains 24,000 files, more
      than 300,000 clickable links, and many images and sound clips.. I
      expect to sign an advance contract shortly with Stanford University
      Press to publish the ethnography in book form and on CD-ROM.
      This will be an interactive project, including internet discussion
      groups for readers of the ethnoweb.

      I would welcome comments from people who are working on
      similar projects, or who are interested in the possibilities of HTML
      and the web for ethnography in general.

      You'll find much more information about the project at this URL:

      http://www.ethnoweb.com/loros

      I look forward to your comments!

      Chris Tennant
      ctennant@...