SACCer, Dorothy Davis Receives Award

  • <dianne.chidester@...>
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2013
      Dorothy Davis has received the UNC-G (University of North Carolina at Greensboro) Distinguished Alumni Award for 2013.

      She more than meets the qualifications!

      The Department of Anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro announces the creation of the Anthropology Distinguished Alumni Award. This award will be presented annually to an individual who graduated from UNCG with a major in Anthropology. The successful awardee will be recognized for their leadership through citizenship, career accomplishments and their commitment to community, and nation in our ever changing world

      CONGRATULATIONS, Dorothy!

      Dianne (sort of a former student of Professor Davis!)

      Dianne Lynn Chidester, Assistant Professor
      Anthropology & Sociology
      Greenville Technical College
      P.O. Box 5616 MS 1042
      Greenville, SC 29607

      864-250-8729

      [GTC-Sig-Logo.jpg]

      "You've got to be taught to hate and fear
      You've got to be taught from year to year
      It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear
      You've got to be carefully taught"
      --Rodgers & Hammerstein South Pacific

      ----------

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2013
          This is a great honor for a wonderful person. She richly deserves this honor. Well Done Dorothy!

          Chuck Ellenbaum
          a fellow Anthropologist & SACCer

          Sent from my iPhone

[...]

        • Sullivan, Tim

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2013
              My congrats also. Hopefully we will see you in Vermont next April.

              Mel

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 4, 2013
                  Congratulations Dorothy!

                  Sent from my iPhone

[...]

                • Ninivaggi, Cynthia
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 5, 2013
                    As a SACC'er and a proud alum from UNCG's anthro dept,  ---Bravo, Dorothy!  Thank you for sharing this wonderful news, Dianne!

                    - Cynthia Ninivaggi

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Sep 4, 2013, at 7:32 PM, "Laura Gonzalez" <ltgonzalez@...> wrote:

[...]

                  • Kip Waldo
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 5, 2013
                      Congratulations Dorothy! Well-deserved.

                      And very good news, especially amidst the assaults on anthro programs and those who struggle to maintain them.
                      kip

                      Kip Waldo
                      Dept. of Anthropology
                      Chabot College