FW: assemblage 6 - call for papers
- -----Original Message-----
From: assemblage [mailto:Assemblage@...]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 12:41 PM
Subject: assemblage 6 - call for papers
Call For Papers: assemblage issue 6
The University of Sheffield's graduate students electronic journal of archaeology is seeking contributions for its sixth issue, due to be published by Easter 2001. In the past (no pun intended) the journal has covered such diverse topics as Fetishism in Archaeology, Women in 17th century Ireland, Crop Landscapes and Domestic Space, The Atlantic Slave Trade, Mesolithic Seascapes, and Reflexive Excavation Methodologies (to name but a few). Previous issues can be found on the web at http://www.shef.ac.uk/~assem/.
assemblage is a journal intended to provide graduate and other writers with experience in the process of publishing academic work, present readers with stimulating material to consider and debate, and to present articles from established researchers on topics of interest to a broad range of archaeological interests.
We would like to see articles of up to 3000 words (or shorter pieces), which can include:
· original works
· versions of conference papers (are you giving a paper at TAG or any other conference that you'd like to see published?)
· essays or dissertations.
· methodological or theoretical essays
· journalistic pieces
· experimental presentations
· photo essays
· archaeological fiction
· anything else you can think of!!!
· diaries and descriptions of excavation or surveys
· tours and pilgrimages (or just your favourite part of the world)
· indictments, polemics and rants of an overt political nature (within reason)
State of the 'arch'
· short descriptions of advances in technologies for investigation,
research and presentation
· museums and exhibits
· anything worth reviewing!!!
Please send in an abstract of no more than 500 words by 2nd February 01.
Visit our site at: http://www.shef.ac.uk/~assem/4/4notcont.html
or email us:
or write to us at:
Research School of Archaeology and Archaeological Science
University of Sheffield
2 Mappin Street
*assemblage*: electronic journal of archaeology of
the graduate students of Sheffield University
Telephone: +0114-222-5102/9 | Fax +0114-272-7437
Research School of Archaeology & Arch. Science
West Court, 2 Mappin St., Sheffield S1 4DT, U.K.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
>>>>>> UNSUB ANTHRO-L to LISTSERV@...