Re: [SACC-L] Award Committee Members Needed

  • Jessica Amato
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2013
      I would love to! How do I sign up?
      On Jul 17, 2013 9:11 PM, "Beverly Bennett" <bybennett@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello SACC Members,
      >
      > The SACC awards committee will be issuing a call for nominations in the
      > near future, and we look forward to the opportunity to read the nominating
      > materials.
      >
      > In the meantime, we would like to add 1-2 members to the committee, due
      > mainly to Ann Kaupp having stepped down when she retired. SACC offers both
      > student and teacher awards. (The basic information is on the SACC website
      > but will be updated soon.) This is an important SACC program, and in order
      > to maintaiin it we do need one or two more people on the committee.
      >
      > Please consider joining us in the awards program. This is a very
      > gratifying process. We have had the privilege of reading highly original
      > student projects and learning about the truly creative endeavors of our
      > faculty colleagues.
      >
      > Please consider contributing in this way to your professional society.
      >
      > Please e-mail me at bybennett@... if you are interested in
      > participating.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Beverly

    • Tim Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2013
        Jessica,
        I think you just did! Beverly, if you and Jessica could arrange to meet via email, or in Chicago, that would be great. I would love to be on the committee myself, but I have a student who is submitting something to me and I want to see if it works for one of the awards.
        Tim
        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College