Re: [SACC-L] Award Committee Members Needed

  • Jessica Amato
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
      I would love to! How do I sign up?
      On Jul 17, 2013 9:11 PM, "Beverly Bennett" <bybennett@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hello SACC Members,
      >
      > The SACC awards committee will be issuing a call for nominations in the
      > near future, and we look forward to the opportunity to read the nominating
      > materials.
      >
      > In the meantime, we would like to add 1-2 members to the committee, due
      > mainly to Ann Kaupp having stepped down when she retired. SACC offers both
      > student and teacher awards. (The basic information is on the SACC website
      > but will be updated soon.) This is an important SACC program, and in order
      > to maintaiin it we do need one or two more people on the committee.
      >
      > Please consider joining us in the awards program. This is a very
      > gratifying process. We have had the privilege of reading highly original
      > student projects and learning about the truly creative endeavors of our
      > faculty colleagues.
      >
      > Please consider contributing in this way to your professional society.
      >
      > Please e-mail me at bybennett@... if you are interested in
      > participating.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Beverly

    • Tim Sullivan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18, 2013
        Jessica,
        I think you just did! Beverly, if you and Jessica could arrange to meet via email, or in Chicago, that would be great. I would love to be on the committee myself, but I have a student who is submitting something to me and I want to see if it works for one of the awards.
        Tim
        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College
        12800 Abrams Rd.
        Dallas, TX 75243

        972-238-6959
        tsullivan@...
        On Jul 17, 2013 9:11 PM, "Beverly Bennett" wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello SACC Members,
        >
        > The SACC awards committee will be issuing a call for nominations in the
        > near future, and we look forward to the opportunity to read the nominating
        > materials.
        >
        > In the meantime, we would like to add 1-2 members to the committee, due
        > mainly to Ann Kaupp having stepped down when she retired. SACC offers both
        > student and teacher awards. (The basic information is on the SACC website
        > but will be updated soon.) This is an important SACC program, and in order
        > to maintaiin it we do need one or two more people on the committee.
        >
        > Please consider joining us in the awards program. This is a very
        > gratifying process. We have had the privilege of reading highly original
        > student projects and learning about the truly creative endeavors of our
        > faculty colleagues.
        >
        > Please consider contributing in this way to your professional society.
        >
        > Please e-mail me at bybennett@... if you are interested in
        > participating.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Beverly

      • Beverly Bennett

          Message 4 of 5 , May 27, 2014
            We had a good expression of interest in working with the Awards Committee, and those positions have now been filled.  Thank you for your assistance.

            The next announcements for the awards will be going out in the near future, and we'll look forward to reading the nominating materials.

            Sincerely,
            Beverly