Re: [SACC-L] Fwd: AN thematic series of your choice

  • Tim Sullivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14 4:25 PM
      Great idea, Lloyd. I think we had plenty of responses to this, some of
      which approached short articles in themselves. It wouldn't take much to
      expand and reconfigure these into articles for publication.
      Tim
      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...
      >>> Lloyd Miller 07/13/13 6:15 PM >>>
      Colleagues,

      I'm forwarding this message from Amy Goldenberg, the Anthropology News
      Managing Editor, inviting sections to develop thematic issues to run
      this fall. The recent SACC-L discussion on adjunct teaching came to
      mind. Would this topic be of interest to the AN readership generally,
      and are there four or more SACC/AAA members interested in writing essays
      on this topic? Or, are there other topics of interest for a SACC-created
      thematic issue?

      Please contact me, either on the listserv or personally, if you are
      interested.

      Best wishes,

      Lloyd

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Amy Goldenberg
      > Subject: AN thematic series of your choice
      > Date: July 9, 2013 3:46:59 PM CDT
      > To: Amy Goldenberg
      > Cc: Emilia Guevara
      >
      > Dear AN Contributing Editors and Columnists,
      >
      > I’m pleased to invite you to participate in a new experiment with AN.
      >
      > As you know, the In Focus section of AN runs thematic series on a
      monthly basis. Usually, these are planned and developed by the managing
      editor. Every now and again, we have a series put together by a member.
      With the flexibility of anthropology-news.org and our overall
      online-first publishing schedule, I believe this is a good time to
      expand In Focus to include more member-generated series.

      > I’m reaching out to you today to see if any of you are interested in
      running a thematic series of your own this fall. The series could be as
      short as 4 essays, and as long as 10, and would still need to reach out
      to anthropologists across the major fields of anthropology. You would be
      the guest editor (and main point person) on the series. Individual
      authors would still need to be current AAA members, follow AN guidelines
      for style and length, and sign an author agreement. I would still do a
      quick review for style, and Emilia would ensure the essays and images
      were uploaded into WordPress.

      > If you’re interested in trying this out, please let me know what your
      topic would be and when you’d want to publish the series (Oct, Nov or
      Dec). As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.