RE: [SACC-L] Fwd: AN thematic series of your choice

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
      I think it is a great topic. I think we had some interesting contributions on our listserve -- maybe those people could develop those thoughts for a published piece?

      Mary K. Gilliland
      Pima Community College
      Tucson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
        Lloyd,
        This is a topic that "should be" of interest to all.
        Great proposal!
        Ann

        ________________________________

        I'm forwarding this message from Amy Goldenberg, the Anthropology News Managing Editor, inviting sections to develop thematic issues to run this fall. The recent SACC-L discussion on adjunct teaching came to mind. Would this topic be of interest to the AN readership generally, and are there four or more SACC/AAA members interested in writing essays on this topic? Or, are there other topics of interest for a SACC-created thematic issue?

        Please contact me, either on the listserv or personally, if you are interested.

        Best wishes,

        Lloyd

        Begin forwarded message:

        > From: Amy Goldenberg <agoldenberg@...>
        > Subject: AN thematic series of your choice
        > Date: July 9, 2013 3:46:59 PM CDT
        > To: Amy Goldenberg <agoldenberg@...>
        > Cc: Emilia Guevara <eguevara@...>
        >
        > Dear AN Contributing Editors and Columnists,
        >
        > I’m pleased to invite you to participate in a new experiment with AN.
        >
        > As you know, the In Focus section of AN runs thematic series on a monthly basis. Usually, these are planned and developed by the managing editor. Every now and again, we have a series put together by a member. With the flexibility of anthropology-news.org and our overall online-first publishing schedule, I believe this is a good time to expand In Focus to include more member-generated series.
        >
        > I’m reaching out to you today to see if any of you are interested in running a thematic series of your own this fall. The series could be as short as 4 essays, and as long as 10, and would still need to reach out to anthropologists across the major fields of anthropology. You would be the guest editor (and main point person) on the series. Individual authors would still need to be current AAA members, follow AN guidelines for style and length, and sign an author agreement. I would still do a quick review for style, and Emilia would ensure the essays and images were uploaded into WordPress.
        >
        > If you’re interested in trying this out, please let me know what your topic would be and when you’d want to publish the series (Oct, Nov or Dec). As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
        >
        > Best,
        > Amy
        >

        > Amy Goldenberg, PhD
        > Managing Editor, Anthropology News
        > American Anthropological Association
        > 703.528.1902 x1184
        > Fax: 703.528.3546
        >
        > AN online | www.anthropology-news.org
        > AN on Twitter | @news4anthros
        >
        > We’ve moved!
        > The new AAA address is:
        > 2300 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 1301
        > Arlington, VA 22201

      • Tim Sullivan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2013
          Great idea, Lloyd. I think we had plenty of responses to this, some of
          which approached short articles in themselves. It wouldn't take much to
          expand and reconfigure these into articles for publication.
          Tim
          Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
          Professor of Anthropology
          Richland College