RE: [SACC-L] Anth for grades 3-4

    Message 1 of 8 , May 23 12:36 PM
      Lori, check out the AnthroNotes index of issues http://anthropology.si.edu/outreach/anthnote/anthronotes.html
      Particularly note the Spring 2008 issue with the article Teaching and Learning About the Great Apes by Carolyn E. Gecan and the web resources in fall 2008. Ann

      Message 2 of 8 , May 29 4:40 PM
        Thanks everyone for your ideas. I was inspired by Bob's (& others) campus garbology projects. So I decided to get clean garbage (mostly recycling) & create garbage collections of different "families" for them to investigate who might be in the family, what kinds of things they eat, do, consume, ages of kids, area, etc.
        Anyway, thanks for the great ideas. I can keep them in mind for next time around.
        Lori

      • Laura Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 8:09 AM
          In the SACC by-laws, we have an open position called the K-12 Outreach Chair. This is the kind of information that the Chair could manage, supporting members who are doing school and community presentations.

          If you are interested in finding out more about this position or about being on the SACC Board, please contact me directly! Lagonzal@...

          Sounds like fun, Lori! Let us know how it goes.

          Laura