RE: [SACC-L] Anth for grades 3-4

  • <dianne.chidester@...>
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2013
      You might also want to tell them stories that are told in other cultures. There are some good children's books with stories from other countries.

      --Dianne (back from Kenya!)

      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2013
        Lori, check out the AnthroNotes index of issues http://anthropology.si.edu/outreach/anthnote/anthronotes.html
        Particularly note the Spring 2008 issue with the article Teaching and Learning About the Great Apes by Carolyn E. Gecan and the web resources in fall 2008. Ann

        Message 3 of 8 , May 29, 2013
          Thanks everyone for your ideas. I was inspired by Bob's (& others) campus garbology projects. So I decided to get clean garbage (mostly recycling) & create garbage collections of different "families" for them to investigate who might be in the family, what kinds of things they eat, do, consume, ages of kids, area, etc.
          Anyway, thanks for the great ideas. I can keep them in mind for next time around.
          Lori

        • Laura Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 8 , May 30, 2013
            In the SACC by-laws, we have an open position called the K-12 Outreach Chair. This is the kind of information that the Chair could manage, supporting members who are doing school and community presentations.

            If you are interested in finding out more about this position or about being on the SACC Board, please contact me directly! Lagonzal@...

            Sounds like fun, Lori! Let us know how it goes.

            Laura