Re: [SACC-L] Re: MOOCs

  • Anthropmor
    Message 1 of 11 , May 5, 2013
      There is also a little problem...for the last 2-3 decades, no knees moved, and our legs were cut off there. That is why there is 75% adjunct faculty.
      There is little support or defense- of higher ed or our departments in general.
      The whole sale dismantling of higher ed ( not to mention public education in general) has been taking place for a long time....
      Mike Pavlik

      Message 2 of 11 , May 7, 2013
        excellent point...there is an interesting irony here...the MOOC's could be used as the answer to the developmental education issue if they can be used to enculturate students to the basics of college culture, pre-intro. course in each field of study to give students a leg up when they take the tested/graded version at their campus of record with the course of record. I wonder if we could develop a student handbook for each MOOC intro. class as a companion manual for the student.