Re: [SACC-L] More student answers!

  • Tim Sullivan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2013
      Most know that I am also an historian, and that my dissertation research
      was on atlantic piracy. I cannot claim this one from any of my own, but
      it has always been a favorite: Some may recall that " Sir Francis
      Drake circumcised the globe with a 50 foot clipper."
      Tim
      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...
      >>> Jessica Amato 05/03/13 12:39 PM >>>
      Hi all* I have pretty much been a lurker, but I want to definitely post
      more to this great group! Happy to share the greatest response I have
      ever
      seen to my question (written) from Mesoamerican Archaeology. The
      question
      was, "Explain the emergence of corn/maiz in the Tehuacan Valley and
      discuss
      its ancestral links, if any, to teosinte."

      Here's the answer: Corn is amazingly necessary for everything and
      whoever
      came up with creating corn is an awesome person.

      *sigh!*

      Thanks, Jessica Amato

      --
      Jessica V. Amato, Ph.D.
      jvamato@...

    • Nina Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2013
        Here is a good one from today's final exams:

        "Anthropology is not a science because anthropologists do experiments, but
        not with chemicals."

        Nina

      • Andrew Petto
        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2013
          Obviously someone who has never observed anthropologists in the field!

          Lotsa chemical experimentation there!

          Anj

          On 2013-05-16 15:27, Nina Brown wrote:

          > Here is a good one from today's final exams:
          >
          > "Anthropology is not a science because anthropologists do experiments, but
          > not with chemicals."
          >
          > Nina

          Andrew J Petto, PhD
          Senior Lecturer