Re: [SACC-L] Open Anthropology Launch

  • Tim Sullivan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26, 2013
      Okay, that is one "for". Any more? Thanks Laura, for leading the charge!
      Tim

      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...
      >>> Laura Gonzalez 04/26/13 11:26 AM >>>
      I'm all for the banner ad on the website.

      Laura

      On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Tim Sullivan wrote:

      Please see the email from Alisse Waterston below
      Tim
      Dear All,
      I'm thrilled to let you know that the official launch of Open Anthropology is tomorrow, April 26th when AAA will send out official notice.

      In the meantime, here is the link to the site:
      http://www.aaaopenanthro.org/

      As I mentioned before, it would be great if you would be willing and able to post the banner ad (now with the link) on your section website. I've attached the banner ad to this email.

      I hope you enjoy the first issue of Open Anthropology, and look forward to our future collaboration.

      Thank you again for all your support.

      Yours truly,
      Alisse

      Alisse Waterston, Ph.D.
      Professor, Department of Anthropology
      524 West 59th Street, Room 09.63.20
      New York, NY 10019

      Editor, Open Anthropology
      Executive Board, American Anthropological Association
      Chair, Anthropological Communication Committee (ACC), American Anthropological Association
      Committee on Practicing, Applied and Public Interest Anthropology (CoPAPIA), American Anthropological Association

      "My Father's Wars: Migration, Memory, and the Violence of a Century"
      http://innovativeethnographies.net/my-fathers-wars-migration-memory-and-violence-century

      "An Anthropology of War: Views from the Frontline"
      http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title.php?rowtag=WaterstonAnthropology

      "Anthropology off the Shelf: Anthropologists on Writing"
      http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1405189207,descCd-tableOfContents.html

      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2013
        Yes, me too!
        Lloyd

        On Apr 26, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Tim Sullivan wrote:

        > Okay, that is one "for". Any more? Thanks Laura, for leading the charge!
        > Tim
        >
        > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        > Professor of Anthropology
        > Richland College
        > 12800 Abrams Rd.
        > Dallas, TX 75243
        >
        > 972-238-6959
        > tsullivan@...
        > I'm all for the banner ad on the website.
        >
        > Laura
        >
        > On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Tim Sullivan wrote:
        >
        > Please see the email from Alisse Waterston below
        > Tim
        > Dear All,
        > I'm thrilled to let you know that the official launch of Open Anthropology is tomorrow, April 26th when AAA will send out official notice.
        >
        > In the meantime, here is the link to the site:
        > http://www.aaaopenanthro.org/
        >
        > As I mentioned before, it would be great if you would be willing and able to post the banner ad (now with the link) on your section website. I've attached the banner ad to this email.
        >
        > I hope you enjoy the first issue of Open Anthropology, and look forward to our future collaboration.
        >
        > Thank you again for all your support.
        >
        > Yours truly,
        > Alisse
        >
        > Alisse Waterston, Ph.D.
        > Professor, Department of Anthropology
        > 524 West 59th Street, Room 09.63.20
        > New York, NY 10019
        >
        > Editor, Open Anthropology
        > Executive Board, American Anthropological Association
        > Chair, Anthropological Communication Committee (ACC), American Anthropological Association
        > Committee on Practicing, Applied and Public Interest Anthropology (CoPAPIA), American Anthropological Association
        >
        > "My Father's Wars: Migration, Memory, and the Violence of a Century"
        > http://innovativeethnographies.net/my-fathers-wars-migration-memory-and-violence-century
        >
        > "An Anthropology of War: Views from the Frontline"
        > http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title.php?rowtag=WaterstonAnthropology
        >
        > "Anthropology off the Shelf: Anthropologists on Writing"
        > http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1405189207,descCd-tableOfContents.html
        >
        > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        > Professor of Anthropology
        > Richland College
        > 12800 Abrams Rd.
        > Dallas, TX 75243
        >
        > 972-238-6959
        > tsullivan@...

      • Tim Sullivan
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
          That's two!
          Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
          Professor of Anthropology
          Richland College
          12800 Abrams Rd.
          Dallas, TX 75243

          972-238-6959
          tsullivan@...
          >>> Lloyd Miller 04/26/13 11:46 AM >>>
          Yes, me too!
          Lloyd

          On Apr 26, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Tim Sullivan wrote:

          > Okay, that is one "for". Any more? Thanks Laura, for leading the charge!
          > Tim
          >
          > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
          > Professor of Anthropology
          > Richland College
          > 12800 Abrams Rd.
          > Dallas, TX 75243
          >
          > 972-238-6959
          > tsullivan@...
          > I'm all for the banner ad on the website.
          >
          > Laura
          >
          > On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Tim Sullivan wrote:
          >
          > Please see the email from Alisse Waterston below
          > Tim
          > Dear All,
          > I'm thrilled to let you know that the official launch of Open Anthropology is tomorrow, April 26th when AAA will send out official notice.
          >
          > In the meantime, here is the link to the site:
          > http://www.aaaopenanthro.org/
          >
          > As I mentioned before, it would be great if you would be willing and able to post the banner ad (now with the link) on your section website. I've attached the banner ad to this email.
          >
          > I hope you enjoy the first issue of Open Anthropology, and look forward to our future collaboration.
          >
          > Thank you again for all your support.
          >
          > Yours truly,
          > Alisse
          >
          > Alisse Waterston, Ph.D.
          > Professor, Department of Anthropology
          > 524 West 59th Street, Room 09.63.20
          > New York, NY 10019
          >
          > Editor, Open Anthropology
          > Executive Board, American Anthropological Association
          > Chair, Anthropological Communication Committee (ACC), American Anthropological Association
          > Committee on Practicing, Applied and Public Interest Anthropology (CoPAPIA), American Anthropological Association
          >
          > "My Father's Wars: Migration, Memory, and the Violence of a Century"
          > http://innovativeethnographies.net/my-fathers-wars-migration-memory-and-violence-century
          >
          > "An Anthropology of War: Views from the Frontline"
          > http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title.php?rowtag=WaterstonAnthropology
          >
          > "Anthropology off the Shelf: Anthropologists on Writing"
          > http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1405189207,descCd-tableOfContents.html
          >
          > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
          > Professor of Anthropology
          > Richland College
          > 12800 Abrams Rd.
          > Dallas, TX 75243
          >
          > 972-238-6959
          > tsullivan@...

        • Ann Bragdon
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
            Wonderful.. great resource.
            Ann
            On Apr 26, 2013, at 11:26 AM, Laura Gonzalez wrote:

            > I'm all for the banner ad on the website.
            >
            > Laura
            >
            > On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Tim Sullivan wrote:
            >
            > Please see the email from Alisse Waterston below
            > Tim
            > Dear All,
            > I'm thrilled to let you know that the official launch of Open
            > Anthropology is tomorrow, April 26th when AAA will send out official
            > notice.
            >
            > In the meantime, here is the link to the site:
            > http://www.aaaopenanthro.org/
            >
            > As I mentioned before, it would be great if you would be willing and
            > able to post the banner ad (now with the link) on your section
            > website. I've attached the banner ad to this email.
            >
            > I hope you enjoy the first issue of Open Anthropology, and look
            > forward to our future collaboration.
            >
            > Thank you again for all your support.
            >
            > Yours truly,
            > Alisse
            >
            > Alisse Waterston, Ph.D.
            > Professor, Department of Anthropology
            > 524 West 59th Street, Room 09.63.20
            > New York, NY 10019
            >
            > Editor, Open Anthropology
            > Executive Board, American Anthropological Association
            > Chair, Anthropological Communication Committee (ACC), American
            > Anthropological Association
            > Committee on Practicing, Applied and Public Interest Anthropology
            > (CoPAPIA), American Anthropological Association
            >
            > "My Father's Wars: Migration, Memory, and the Violence of a Century"
            > http://innovativeethnographies.net/my-fathers-wars-migration-memory-and-violence-century
            >
            > "An Anthropology of War: Views from the Frontline"
            > http://www.berghahnbooks.com/title.php?rowtag=WaterstonAnthropology
            >
            > "Anthropology off the Shelf: Anthropologists on Writing"
            > http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1405189207,descCd-tableOfContents.html
            >
            > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
            > Professor of Anthropology
            > Richland College
            > 12800 Abrams Rd.
            > Dallas, TX 75243
            >
            > 972-238-6959
            > tsullivan@...

          • Tim Sullivan
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
              It is looking like a 'go' for posting the banner on our website. Unless I hear a 'nay' I will see about sending the attachment to Autumn.
              Tim
              Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
              Professor of Anthropology
              Richland College
              12800 Abrams Rd.
              Dallas, TX 75243

              972-238-6959
              tsullivan@...

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                Sorry for the delayed response - I'm for it!

                Nikki

              • Tim Sullivan
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                  Hey Nikki! I think we are going to have this done. I haven't used the Open Source site as yet, but I intend to do so.
                  Tim
                  Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
                  Professor of Anthropology
                  Richland College