Re: Three Things I Have Learned From Students

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24, 2013
      I just learned that primates have adhesive body parts, which apparently helps them "stick vertically to trees"...
      The things you learn from students amazes me! I wish they would put this much effort and creativity in their assigned course work.....

      --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Sullivan" <tsullivan@...> wrote:

      > After arriving back from Austin, I have been under a deluge of lab reports that needed grading, along with email, and discussion forums in my online courses. From what I have graded thus far, I have learned three important things I thought worthy of passing along:
      > 1. "Women are more important to evolution because men are expandable." (Gosh, and I thought that was precisely why men are important as well, but we shall let it pass).
      > 2. "One of our main assets are dispensable thumbs." (That explains the penmanship)
      > And my favorite, from a discussion on bioethics:
      > 3. "Like it or not, genetics are part of pubic consciousness." (Of this, I am certain!).
      > Now, back to the grading!
      > Tim
      >

      > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      > Professor of Anthropology
      > Richland College
      > 12800 Abrams Rd.
      > Dallas, TX 75243
      >
      > 972-238-6959
      > tsullivan@...

    • KATRINA WORLEY
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24, 2013
        My current contributions:
        Apes have WiFi molars
        Neandertals are "stalky"

        Katrina

        On Apr 24, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Amanda <paskeyA@...> wrote:

        > I just learned that primates have adhesive body parts, which apparently helps them "stick vertically to trees"...
        > The things you learn from students amazes me! I wish they would put this much effort and creativity in their assigned course work.....
        >
        > --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Sullivan" <tsullivan@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > After arriving back from Austin, I have been under a deluge of lab reports that needed grading, along with email, and discussion forums in my online courses. From what I have graded thus far, I have learned three important things I thought worthy of passing along:
        > > 1. "Women are more important to evolution because men are expandable." (Gosh, and I thought that was precisely why men are important as well, but we shall let it pass).
        > > 2. "One of our main assets are dispensable thumbs." (That explains the penmanship)
        > > And my favorite, from a discussion on bioethics:
        > > 3. "Like it or not, genetics are part of pubic consciousness." (Of this, I am certain!).
        > > Now, back to the grading!

      • Laura Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 24, 2013
          My Neandertals are "stalky" every semester. Even when I note they Are. Not. Celery!!

          L.