Re: [SACC-L] Re: Three Things I Have Learned From Students

  • Anthropmor
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21 8:09 AM
      I tell my students that spellcheck hates them, and autocorrect is spellchecks mean and sneaky sibling.
      Mike Pavlik

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24 8:25 AM
        I just learned that primates have adhesive body parts, which apparently helps them "stick vertically to trees"...
        The things you learn from students amazes me! I wish they would put this much effort and creativity in their assigned course work.....

        --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Sullivan" <tsullivan@...> wrote:

        > After arriving back from Austin, I have been under a deluge of lab reports that needed grading, along with email, and discussion forums in my online courses. From what I have graded thus far, I have learned three important things I thought worthy of passing along:
        > 1. "Women are more important to evolution because men are expandable." (Gosh, and I thought that was precisely why men are important as well, but we shall let it pass).
        > 2. "One of our main assets are dispensable thumbs." (That explains the penmanship)
        > And my favorite, from a discussion on bioethics:
        > 3. "Like it or not, genetics are part of pubic consciousness." (Of this, I am certain!).
        > Now, back to the grading!
        > Tim
        >

        > Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        > Professor of Anthropology
        > Richland College
        > 12800 Abrams Rd.
        > Dallas, TX 75243
        >
        > 972-238-6959
        > tsullivan@...

      • KATRINA WORLEY
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 24 10:33 AM
          My current contributions:
          Apes have WiFi molars
          Neandertals are "stalky"

          Katrina

          On Apr 24, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Amanda <paskeyA@...> wrote:

          > I just learned that primates have adhesive body parts, which apparently helps them "stick vertically to trees"...
          > The things you learn from students amazes me! I wish they would put this much effort and creativity in their assigned course work.....
          >
          > --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Sullivan" <tsullivan@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > After arriving back from Austin, I have been under a deluge of lab reports that needed grading, along with email, and discussion forums in my online courses. From what I have graded thus far, I have learned three important things I thought worthy of passing along:
          > > 1. "Women are more important to evolution because men are expandable." (Gosh, and I thought that was precisely why men are important as well, but we shall let it pass).
          > > 2. "One of our main assets are dispensable thumbs." (That explains the penmanship)
          > > And my favorite, from a discussion on bioethics:
          > > 3. "Like it or not, genetics are part of pubic consciousness." (Of this, I am certain!).
          > > Now, back to the grading!

        • Laura Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 24 10:39 AM
            My Neandertals are "stalky" every semester. Even when I note they Are. Not. Celery!!

            L.