home safe

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2013
      Several have asked if I escaped the foul weather on my trip home from Austin, and I'm please (and relieved) to say that I arrived home cold and wet, but safely, yesterday afternoon. I had intended to hang out in northwest AR for several days, but after hearing the forecasts, I kept on riding. Iowa was tolerable yesterday; today it has been cold, rainy and just plain ugly. I'm glad to be off the bike for a while, and I hope that real spring arrives soon.

      The conference was great! Mark said it all. I really enjoyed reuniting with so many of you fellow members of the SACC extended family, and most appreciated the hugs and warm welcomes.

      Tim (and Patricia too) did a remarkable job in coordinating the conference and managing all the complex details and occasionally unexpected matters that crop up. Tim, I hope you are now getting some relief and relaxation from it all. You sure earned it. Thanks very much for hosting a fine conference.