Re: [SACC-L] SACCFest Austin - Links

  • Tim Sullivan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2013
      Patricia and I are back home, (mostly) unpacked and, having bailed our deliriously happy pooch out of 'prison,' we are settling back into the routine of catching up on email and such. It was terrific to see both 'old' (ahem) and 'new' SACCers! It was especially wonderful that Mark and Sally, as well as Lloyd, could join us.
      Thanks for the great remarks on the conference. Even more importantly, Mark has articulated what I know Patricia and I feel, and I am sure many of those in SACC feel, about their SACC membership. SACC is our extended family.
      I encourage all members, newbies and oldies alike, to share your excitement and experience with colleagues at home. Invite them to join our ranks and encourage them to attend next year's gathering.
      Thanks to Laura for pointing out the links. I should mention that Texas Beyond History, is a terrific website that kids of all ages can enjoy and learn a great deal, not only about Texas , but the ancient North American southwest. I have used it many times for class assignments, as well as my own information. A word of caution: DO NOT VISIT THIS WEBSITE IF YOU HAVE OTHER PRESSING DUTIES AT HAND! I have found myself lost in it for hours....
      As I stated at the close of our meeting, I hope to see some of you at AAA meetings in Chicago this November, and everyone next year in Mexico City!
      Tim
      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...
      >>> Ann Bragdon 04/14/13 11:38 AM >>>
      Mark -

      This is a wonderful testimonial! What you describe is exactly that
      which brings us back each year (hopefully) to the SACC-Fest and
      sometimes to AAA meetings.

      SACC is an essential support for Community College Faculty at so many
      levels - from the youngest to the graying and the retired.
      It is wonderful to hear from the "new-bies" - > the first time and
      often young faculty (and the "under-employed) who are nourished and
      inspired by the SACC-Fest and associations.

      Let' bring in more folks to make the SACC-discovery and keep SACC
      strong into the next generations.

      Our tentative 2014 site for SACC-Fest is Mexico City - dates will be
      confirmed asap.
      Mark - hopefully we will see you (and everyone else) there next year!

      Ann