Re: [SACC-L] Seeking Chair for AAA panel

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
      Excellent, thanks Tim.

      Laura

      On Mar 11, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Tim Sullivan wrote:

      Laura:
      I can serve as a chair. I am getting a 'taste' of what I will need to do for next year!
      Thanks
      Tim

      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...>>> lauratgonzalez <ltgonzalez@...> 3/11/2013 1:23 PM >>>

      Colleagues,

      We have put together a panel for the November 2013 Chicago AAA meetings with the previously-successful theme of "I Love it When You...": Teaching Tips from Faculty.

      Would someone who is attending the AAAs this year like to serve as chair of this panel? (You should be a current member of AAA and SACC, and be able to register for the AAA meeting before March 15th.)

      Laura

    • Anthropmor
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
        wasn't this supposed to about getting Anthro into High school and grade school? Or is that a different session?
        Mike Pavlik

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
          This is the AAA session on Teaching Tips, Mike. The initiative you're thinking of is the Chicago Public Schools project which is not a session, but a project we are helping develop for the 2013 meeting.

          Laura

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
            As a parent with a kid in one of the Chicago Public Schools (Lane Tech High School), I would be happy to be a contact person. My MA is in Anthro, but my PhD is in Soc. I don't know if that will make a difference....

            Sydney

            Sydney Hart, Ph.D.

            Co-Chair, Social Sciences Department

            Assistant Professor, Anthropology and Sociology

            Wilbur Wright College

            4300 North Narragansett Avenue

            Chicago, Illinois 60634