Seeking Chair for AAA panel

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
      Colleagues,

      We have put together a panel for the November 2013 Chicago AAA meetings with the previously-successful theme of "I Love it When You...": Teaching Tips from Faculty.

      Would someone who is attending the AAAs this year like to serve as chair of this panel? (You should be a current member of AAA and SACC, and be able to register for the AAA meeting before March 15th.)

      Laura
    • Tim Sullivan
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
        Laura:
        I can serve as a chair. I am getting a 'taste' of what I will need to do for next year!
        Thanks
        Tim

        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College
        12800 Abrams Rd.
        Dallas, TX 75243

        972-238-6959
        tsullivan@...>>> lauratgonzalez <ltgonzalez@...> 3/11/2013 1:23 PM >>>

        Colleagues,

        We have put together a panel for the November 2013 Chicago AAA meetings with the previously-successful theme of "I Love it When You...": Teaching Tips from Faculty.

        Would someone who is attending the AAAs this year like to serve as chair of this panel? (You should be a current member of AAA and SACC, and be able to register for the AAA meeting before March 15th.)

        Laura

      • Laura Gonzalez

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
            wasn't this supposed to about getting Anthro into High school and grade school? Or is that a different session?
            Mike Pavlik

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
              This is the AAA session on Teaching Tips, Mike. The initiative you're thinking of is the Chicago Public Schools project which is not a session, but a project we are helping develop for the 2013 meeting.

              Laura

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 12, 2013
                As a parent with a kid in one of the Chicago Public Schools (Lane Tech High School), I would be happy to be a contact person. My MA is in Anthro, but my PhD is in Soc. I don't know if that will make a difference....

                Sydney

                Sydney Hart, Ph.D.

                Co-Chair, Social Sciences Department

                Assistant Professor, Anthropology and Sociology

                Wilbur Wright College

                4300 North Narragansett Avenue

                Chicago, Illinois 60634