More twitter feeds

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2013
      Thanks Brian, twitter is really a great resource for not only hearing news at it happens but also to engage with the discussions in the field.

      I'll add a few more:

      Five Fields presenters for Nov 2013 AAA meeting in Chicago:

      Jason Antrosio, cultural - @jasonantrosio
      Barbara J. King, biological - @bjkingape
      Bob Muckle, arch (of course!) - @bobmuckle
      Neither Alisse Waterston, applied, nor Steven P. Black, ling, seem to have twitter accounts but they are fabulous nonetheless.

      Some others I follow:

      @johnhawks, paleoanth, but he has lots to say about most things including MOOCs
      @kerim, Kerim Friedman, cultural anthro, ethnographic filmmaker, teaches in Taiwan
      @savageminds, group blog on things anthropological
      @teachingculture, UTP publishers
      @davidberiss, food anthropology
      @daviddespain, nutritional anthro
      @katewong, Sci Am writer
      @DrBirute, Birute Galdikas

      And of course, all SACCers with twitter accounts: Tad, Autumn, Mary Kay, Diane L. and more!

      Laura

      On Mar 10, 2013, at 10:18 AM, bdlqvcc wrote:

      In case you haven't learned of the wonders of Twitter (which in fact can be a very useful tool for academic/professional research and communication) I thought I would share a few Twitter ID's I've followed that have proven important for me to keep up on topics, current issues, and others' work.

      @bobmuckle (of course!)
      @tadmcilwraith
      @raulpacheco
      @ethnomatters
      @culanth
      @anthrohacker
      @UCLanthropology
      @ARWallace
      @profragsdale
      @kwamezulushabaz
      @janehenrici
      @AnthroJustPeace
      @treatycouncil
      @anthropologytod
      #sacc_l
      #bdlant

      Just to start!
      Brian

    • Lynch, Brian M
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2013
        Thanks, Laura. My son introduced me to Twitter a few years ago, and is always a bit ahead of me in learning new uses and related apps. Just started using Pocket, for example... An easy way to set aside a tweet for later follow-up. Will share a few more examples when I am on my PC.

        Brian