Twitter Filters Part 2

  • bdlqvcc
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2013
      In case you haven't learned of the wonders of Twitter (which in fact can be a very useful tool for academic/professional research and communication) I thought I would share a few Twitter ID's I've followed that have proven important for me to keep up on topics, current issues, and others' work.

      @bobmuckle (of course!)
      @tadmcilwraith
      @raulpacheco
      @ethnomatters
      @culanth
      @anthrohacker
      @UCLanthropology
      @ARWallace
      @profragsdale
      @kwamezulushabaz
      @janehenrici
      @AnthroJustPeace
      @treatycouncil
      @anthropologytod
      #sacc_l
      #bdlant

      Just to start!
      Brian
    • bdlqvcc
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2013
        And of course, @SACC_L !!!!

        --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "bdlqvcc" <blynch@...> wrote:

        > In case you haven't learned of the wonders of Twitter (which in fact can be a very useful tool for academic/professional research and communication) I thought I would share a few Twitter ID's I've followed that have proven important for me to keep up on topics, current issues, and others' work.
        >
        > @bobmuckle (of course!)
        > @tadmcilwraith
        > @raulpacheco
        > @ethnomatters
        > @culanth
        > @anthrohacker
        > @UCLanthropology
        > @ARWallace
        > @profragsdale
        > @kwamezulushabaz
        > @janehenrici
        > @AnthroJustPeace
        > @treatycouncil
        > @anthropologytod
        > #sacc_l
        > #bdlant
        >

        > Just to start!
        > Brian

      • Laura Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2013
          Thanks Brian, twitter is really a great resource for not only hearing news at it happens but also to engage with the discussions in the field.

          I'll add a few more:

          Five Fields presenters for Nov 2013 AAA meeting in Chicago:

          Jason Antrosio, cultural - @jasonantrosio
          Barbara J. King, biological - @bjkingape
          Bob Muckle, arch (of course!) - @bobmuckle
          Neither Alisse Waterston, applied, nor Steven P. Black, ling, seem to have twitter accounts but they are fabulous nonetheless.

          Some others I follow:

          @johnhawks, paleoanth, but he has lots to say about most things including MOOCs
          @kerim, Kerim Friedman, cultural anthro, ethnographic filmmaker, teaches in Taiwan
          @savageminds, group blog on things anthropological
          @teachingculture, UTP publishers
          @davidberiss, food anthropology
          @daviddespain, nutritional anthro
          @katewong, Sci Am writer
          @DrBirute, Birute Galdikas

          And of course, all SACCers with twitter accounts: Tad, Autumn, Mary Kay, Diane L. and more!

          Laura

          On Mar 10, 2013, at 10:18 AM, bdlqvcc wrote:

[...]

        • Lynch, Brian M
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 12, 2013
            Thanks, Laura. My son introduced me to Twitter a few years ago, and is always a bit ahead of me in learning new uses and related apps. Just started using Pocket, for example... An easy way to set aside a tweet for later follow-up. Will share a few more examples when I am on my PC.

            Brian