SACC Commentary, Twitter Widgets etc.

  • bdlqvcc
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013
      As I went to update some widgets that I've created in Hootsuite (third party service for managing and extending the usefulness of tweets) I learned that they no longer support the widgets that I've previously used in my classes (filtered by user... eg. @bobmuckle... or by hashtag #bdlant, #anthropology etc.) I've further learned that the related feature in twitter itself (creating widgets) works OK (not the greatest). So I've re-created a widget filtering Bob's tweets to demonstrate the feature. If you have questions or suggestions about using this tool, I'd live to hear from you. Brian

      http://ccanthro.blogspot.com/
    • Bob Muckle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2013
        Thank you Brian, for creating a 'Bob Muckle Widget.' I'm not sure what exactlyt that is, but I tell people there is a Bob Muckle Widget with great pride.

        Coincidently, I was thinking about writing on social media for my March archaeology column for AN. (It will probably be either that, or something on the archaeology of the colonialism of Indigenous Peoples of North America).