RE: [SACC-L] Sahlins resigns from the national academy of sciences

  • Nina Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
      That commentary by Jonathan Marks is a work of art. I think it should be
      used in classes where Chagnon is taught (I assign Chagnon's Yanomamo every
      semester).

      http://anthropomics.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-times-it-is-outragin.html

      Nina

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
        That is a magnificent post. Thanks for passing on the link.

        From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
        It has completely taken over the blogosphere and twitterverse... I never
        actually imagined myself saying those words without irony.

        See John Hawks, Jonathan Marks and Barbara King's comments on the web for
        example. Just 'Google' it, as they say.

        Laura

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "Lynch, Brian M" blynch@...
        <mailto:blynch%40qvcc.commnet.edu>
        > wrote:

        > Sure hope this gets wide distribution and discussion. I have been
        impressed with Sahlins' work since my undergrad days in the 1970's and am
        quite interested to read about this angle on things that bring together
        current discussions around Chagnon, and ongoing issues of anthropology's
        relations with militarism.

        > ________________________________

      • Tim Sullivan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013