Re: [SACC-L] Sahlins resigns from the national academy of sciences

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
      It has completely taken over the blogosphere and twitterverse... I never actually imagined myself saying those words without irony.

      See John Hawks, Jonathan Marks and Barbara King's comments on the web for example. Just 'Google' it, as they say.

      Laura

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "Lynch, Brian M" <blynch@...> wrote:

      > Sure hope this gets wide distribution and discussion. I have been impressed with Sahlins' work since my undergrad days in the 1970's and am quite interested to read about this angle on things that bring together current discussions around Chagnon, and ongoing issues of anthropology's relations with militarism.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Nina Brown
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
        That commentary by Jonathan Marks is a work of art. I think it should be
        used in classes where Chagnon is taught (I assign Chagnon's Yanomamo every
        semester).

        http://anthropomics.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-times-it-is-outragin.html

        Nina

        [SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> ] on behalf of
        frank lagana [frank11217@... <mailto:frank11217%40gmail.com> ]

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
          That is a magnificent post. Thanks for passing on the link.

          From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
          It has completely taken over the blogosphere and twitterverse... I never
          actually imagined myself saying those words without irony.

          See John Hawks, Jonathan Marks and Barbara King's comments on the web for
          example. Just 'Google' it, as they say.

          Laura

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "Lynch, Brian M" blynch@...
          <mailto:blynch%40qvcc.commnet.edu>
          > wrote:

          > Sure hope this gets wide distribution and discussion. I have been
          impressed with Sahlins' work since my undergrad days in the 1970's and am
          quite interested to read about this angle on things that bring together
          current discussions around Chagnon, and ongoing issues of anthropology's
          relations with militarism.

          > ________________________________

        • Tim Sullivan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013