RE: [SACC-L] Sahlins resigns from the national academy of sciences

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
      Sure hope this gets wide distribution and discussion. I have been impressed with Sahlins' work since my undergrad days in the 1970's and am quite interested to read about this angle on things that bring together current discussions around Chagnon, and ongoing issues of anthropology's relations with militarism.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
        It has completely taken over the blogosphere and twitterverse... I never actually imagined myself saying those words without irony.

        See John Hawks, Jonathan Marks and Barbara King's comments on the web for example. Just 'Google' it, as they say.

        Laura

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "Lynch, Brian M" <blynch@...> wrote:

        > Sure hope this gets wide distribution and discussion. I have been impressed with Sahlins' work since my undergrad days in the 1970's and am quite interested to read about this angle on things that bring together current discussions around Chagnon, and ongoing issues of anthropology's relations with militarism.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Nina Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
          That commentary by Jonathan Marks is a work of art. I think it should be
          used in classes where Chagnon is taught (I assign Chagnon's Yanomamo every
          semester).

          http://anthropomics.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-times-it-is-outragin.html

          Nina

          [SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> ] on behalf of
          frank lagana [frank11217@... <mailto:frank11217%40gmail.com> ]

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
            That is a magnificent post. Thanks for passing on the link.

            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            It has completely taken over the blogosphere and twitterverse... I never
            actually imagined myself saying those words without irony.

            See John Hawks, Jonathan Marks and Barbara King's comments on the web for
            example. Just 'Google' it, as they say.

            Laura

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:25 AM, "Lynch, Brian M" blynch@...
            <mailto:blynch%40qvcc.commnet.edu>
            > wrote:

            > Sure hope this gets wide distribution and discussion. I have been
            impressed with Sahlins' work since my undergrad days in the 1970's and am
            quite interested to read about this angle on things that bring together
            current discussions around Chagnon, and ongoing issues of anthropology's
            relations with militarism.

            > ________________________________

          • Tim Sullivan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2013