RE: [SACC-L] Re: Teaching Sociology in North Carolina CC

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013
      In Minnesota CC’s, General Sociology is a required course for Nursing, Criminal Justice, and some other major programs. I am not aware of any program that gives similar credit for taking Cultural Anthropology (our many campuses rarely if ever taught a single 4-field course). The State does seem to require that students wishing to get licensed to teach K-12 needed a Cultural Anthro course (at least that’s why my online CA courses were filled with off-campus students), but that is not much compared to the traffic heading over to General Sociology due to graduation requirements.