Call for Articles and Peer-Reviewers for Popular Anthropology Magazine

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hello, All

      I'm sending out this message on behalf of Mary-Anne Decatur, Editor of *Popular
      Anthropology Magazine*. F.y.i., I am the new Archaeology Section Editor. I
      shall do my best.

      Deborah

      Popular Anthropology Magazine <http://popanthro.org/> Call for Submissions

      Dear colleagues,

      Popular Anthropology Magazine is pleased to announce it's new website
      location at popanthro.org and a call for article submissions and
      peer-reviewers for the June 2013 issue. Popular Anthropology Magazine is a
      biannual online publication aimed at increasing public understanding and
      access to current research in the field of anthropology, with a focus on
      raising awareness of anthropology's relevance to issues of public interest
      and exploring the ways in which anthropology is learned as a discipline.
      The magazine includes articles on sociocultural anthropology, biological
      anthropology, archaeology, linguistics and visual anthropology.

      The submission deadline is March 31, 2013. Articles must be 2000 to 5000
      words in length, include original research and be written in a manner
      accessible to the general public. Submissions from undergraduate and
      graduate students are welcome. Authors can upload submissions and
      peer-reviewers can register at http://popanthro.org

      Please e-mail the Editor, Mary-Anne Decatur, at popanthro@... with
      any questions.

      Best regards,

      Popular Anthropology Magazine Editorial Team

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
        I also want to let everyone know that "popanthro dot org" is not a
        sufficient URL address. The link in the message actually goes to:

        http://popanthro.org/ojs/index.php/popanthro

        The magazine used to be at popanthro.com, but in between editors, the web
        site expired and has been bought by someone else. Unfortunately, if you try
        to do a web search on the magazine name, you end up at the old site, but
        there is no recognition by any search engine (so far as I can tell) of the
        current site. Mary-Anne in currently conducting fieldwork in Tanzania, so
        I'm sure this problem will be solved in the future.

        Deborah