Stuart McRae

  • Wenzel, Jason
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
      Dear SACC members,

      I wanted to take this opportunity to share some information regarding a former SACC member who recently passed away, Stuart McRae, who had taught at Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville from 1967-2008. Although I had never had the chance to meet Professor McRae, I have heard a lot of great things about him from his former students.

      Below is the link to his obituary from the Gainesville Sun.

      http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gainesville/obituary.aspx?n=stuart-mcrae&pid=162848615#fbLoggedOut

      With kind regards,

      Jason Wenzel
    • Tim Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
        Thanks for this Jason.
        Unless I am mistaken, I believe I met Stuart at one of our SACC meetings awhile back. He was witty, and I am sure many will mourn his loss.
        Tim
        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College
        12800 Abrams Rd.
        Dallas, TX 75243

        972-238-6959
        tsullivan@...
        >>> "Wenzel, Jason" 02/03/13 12:20 PM >>>
        Dear SACC members,

        I wanted to take this opportunity to share some information regarding a former SACC member who recently passed away, Stuart McRae, who had taught at Santa Fe Community College in Gainesville from 1967-2008. Although I had never had the chance to meet Professor McRae, I have heard a lot of great things about him from his former students.

        Below is the link to his obituary from the Gainesville Sun.

        http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gainesville/obituary.aspx?n=stuart-mcrae&pid=162848615#fbLoggedOut

        With kind regards,

        Jason Wenzel
      • Bob Muckle
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2013
          Stuart was a great guy, with a dynamic and magnetic personality. He was part of the SACCfest scene when I hopped aboard the SCC train in the late 1990s and he was still attending, and being as personably as ever, as recently as 2003 in Vancouver.