FW: SACC - April 2013

  • dianne.chidester@gvltec.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2013
      Nikki & All,

      Here's some information from Tim. I'm sure the information will be
      going up on the website pretty soon. Also below is the preliminary call
      for papers with deadlines, etc. The attached poster gives a little
      more information. Please pass the information on to anyone you think
      might be interested.

      Cheers!
      Dianne

      The costs are these: Rooms are $141 night. Embassy Suites' rooms are big
      enough to easily house 2 or even 3 guests. The rooms can be either
      double or kings. I am determined to keep the price down so that the
      basic conference fee for early registration (March 1) is $275 person.
      This includes breakfast, lunch all three days, a bus tour of Austin, the
      Gault Site and a farewell dinner. A pre-conference workshop on Forensic
      Art will be available for $25.
      The hotel website is
      http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/embassy-suites-austin-a
      rboretum-AUSESES/index.html
      Be sure to mention the SACC conference.
      Tim
      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959

      CALL FOR PAPERS

      The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges (SACC) is holding its
      2013 annual meeting in Austin, TX. The theme will be announced later.

      Proposals for paper presentations on this any topic relating to
      anthropology are welcome. Of particular interest are presentations on
      teaching anthropology.

      Paper presentations are tentatively scheduled for 15 minutes. Abstracts
      should be no longer than 125 words and must be received no later than
      February 28, 2013. Make sure to include your institutional affiliation
      and contact information with your abstract.

      Abstracts should be sent to Dianne Chidester, preferably via email at
      Dianne.chidester@.... Paper abstracts, if necessary, may be sent
      to Dianne Chidester, Greenville Technical College, Behavioral & Social
      Sciences, MS 1042, P.O. Box 5616, Greenville, SC 29606-5616.

      Notification of acceptance or rejection of proposals will be completed
      by March 8, 2013. No proposal will be accepted for final inclusion in
      the program until the program chair receives confirmation from the AAA,
      prior to March 8, 2013, that the conference registration fees have been
      paid.

      Dianne Lynn Chidester, Assistant Professor
      Anthropology & Sociology
      Greenville Technical College
      P.O. Box 5616 MS 1042
      Greenville, SC 29606-5616

    • Linda Light
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
        Dianne,
        I can't get the Embassy Suites website to come up. Is there something wrong with the address?
        Linda

        ________________________________
[...]

        mailto:Dianne.chidester%40gvltec.edu. Paper abstracts, if necessary, may be sent

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 10, 2013
          Linda,
          Try this. It's long but it should work.
          Lloyd

          http://www.hotelsone.com/austin-hotels-us/embassy-suites-austin-arboretum.html?as=g&aid=9368162078&dsti=138632&dstt=8&label=ggehoeu-bh138632&akw=embassy+suites+arboretum+austin&asrc=Search&ast=&gclid=CJnH-Kvu1rQCFY1DMgodQVIAog

        • Linda Light
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2013
            Thanks, Lloyd, it worked perfectly!
            Linda

            ________________________________
            http://www.hotelsone.com/austin-hotels-us/embassy-suites-austin-arboretum.html?as=g&aid=9368162078&dsti=138632&dstt=8&label=ggehoeu-bh138632&akw=embassy+suites+arboretum+austin&asrc=Search&ast=&gclid=CJnH-Kvu1rQCFY1DMgodQVIAog

            On Jan 10, 2013, at 11:12 AM, Linda Light wrote:

            > Dianne,
            > I can't get the Embassy Suites website to come up. Is there something wrong with the address?
            > Linda

          • Linda Light
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
              Dianne, Tim and all,
              I contacted Austin Arboretum Embassy Suites to reserve a room for the conference but was told they had not as yet been contacted for the conference. Is this the wrong one? I think there might be another one in Austin, but since the address you sent didn't work, I used one that Lloyd gave me, which turned up this one. I also don't see the meeting posted on the web site yet either. Is it too early to make arrangements?
              Lind