RE: [SACC-L] Warning, Do Not Open Twitter/Facebook from Laura Gonzalez that Looks Suspicious

  • Tim Sullivan
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
      I knew, at some point, I would be happy I have not signed up for
      Twitter. There is hope for us old fogeys!
      Tim
      Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology
      Richland College
      12800 Abrams Rd.
      Dallas, TX 75243

      972-238-6959
      tsullivan@...
      >>> Deborah Shepherd 11/27/12 4:31 PM >>>
      I should have been more specific. It appears to me that if you get the
      message in your email, it is because you have a twitter account and are
      followed by, or yourself follow, someone who has gotten the message.
      Furthermore, if you click on the link, your twitter followers will then
      also get the message. This may also happen even if you do *not* click on
      the link and simply discard the message, but perhaps that is not the
      case.* The first click is not dangerous to you personally. It just takes
      you to a bogus Youtube page that (in my experience) asks you to update
      your Youtube video software, which is nonsense. That’s when I knew for
      sure it was a virus. Unfortunately, I got my message from my husband’s
      account, so I rather thought at first that it was one of his practical
      jokes!

      Deborah

      * It would be good to hear from anyone who has gotten the message but
      deleted it immediately. Did it pass on or stop dead in its tracks?