RE: [SACC-L] Thank you all

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2012
      Lloyd,

      It's so lovely to see you back on SACC-L. We've sorely missed your wit and
      humor, as well as your Iowa campaign missives! You know our community loves
      and supports you, and wishes you all the best in your healing process. We
      will all miss Bev's company and laughter, as well as her intellect and
      kindness.

      So glad you're planning to come to Austin in the spring.

      All my best,
      Laura

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2012
        Thanks, Laura. It's nice to be in communication with people again. I wish I could say something witty, humorous, or even meaningful about the campaign, but unfortunately, my overriding feeling right now is the anticipation of relief when, for better or worse, it's over tomorrow. I mailed in my ballot for Obama several weeks ago. I'm proud of my neighborhood: nearly half the houses in a three-block radius have Obama-Biden signs as well as those for other Democratic candidates. Nary a one for the opposition. I thus have a comfortable, "among friends" feeling when I take my daily walks.

        I haven't check today's email yet and see that I have 27 new messages. I'll bet over 20 of them are solicitations from Obama's vast online network. I marvel at their setup and perseverance, but damn, I'm tired of them!

        Below is a cartoon Laura sent me shortly after I got home from the hospital, asking if it were too early for humor (then my ribs still hurt when I laughed). I immediately thought of you, and vowed to send it to you at a more appropriate time.

        Cheers!
        Lloyd

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2012
          Lloyd, it really is so great to be hearing from you again. Yes, the
          election's end is breathlessly awaited. I only hope there are no critical
          recounts to wait through. (EEEEK!)

          In Minnesota, we still have paper ballots for which I am grateful, so it is
          now time for me to finish researching the local candidates and judicial
          elections. Good luck with voting, everyone.

          Deborah